Connect Jetson TX2 with other device??? Is it possible

Hello guys. I need the suggestion and solution

1. I am using Jetson TX2 and the STM based micro-contoller for my project. I flashed the Jetson-TX2 with Jetpack and install ROS on it.
  2. The robot is controlled using a microcontroller with my host PC and it is controlled using ROS.
  3. I have created the same ROS package on Jetson TX2 to control the robot.

Now I need to make a communication channel between the controller and Jetson. Can I use UART to make a connection between these two and then send commands to robot from Jetson TX2 and they executed by the microcontroller. If there is any other way of communication please tell me.

Please also tell me the procedure to access the jetson remotely using SSH from host PC?

Thanks!!!

I don’t know about the rest, but if you know the IP address of the Jetson (e.g., from “ifconfig eth0” or whichever interface), then it is just “ssh ” (so if address were 192.168.1.3, then it would be “ssh 192.168.1.3”). You would be prompted for a name and password, or you could directly name the account. So if your login name is “ubuntu”, then you could do “ssh ubuntu@192.168.1.3”. There are variations possible, e.g., setting up for ssh key access to avoid needing a password (keys are actually more secure IMHO than passwords).

I have flashed the Jetson TX2 with jetpack 4.2. My host pc has Ubuntu 16.04 installed. The flash is successful. I am using J90 compact carrier board for jetson TX2. It has ethernet port. I took a CAT cable with RJ45 connector on one side and the other side has no connector. I then connect the Tx+ , Tx-, RX+, Rx- of this no connector side to the Tx+ , Tx-, RX+, Rx- of J90 carrier board’s ethernet. Now when i plugged the connector to my PC. The status is no ethernet connected. What is the problem? This board has no HDMI option so i will access using ssh.

I have followed this but all in vain.
https://elinux.org/Jetson/Remote_Access

1. How do I confirm now that the OS is successfully flashed? As i use serial console so when i open minicom and turn on my board a process runs into the minicom , Is that means that system in the jetson is booting?

2. Is there any way to use wifi instead of ethernet? Any help will be really helpful.

In the case of a custom carrier board you do have to have the board support package content in place prior to flash. This is mainly device tree, and will pass arguments to drivers about hardware layout. Without this the drivers can’t find the hardware.

Bluetooth may have similar issues if the method of connecting the bluetooth uses an interface which required a firmware change for the non-dev carrier board.

The definitive method of determining how boot works is from serial console, but once again, the serial ports will not function correctly if the device tree is not correct. Serial console might work if that part of the layout of the alternate carrier board is the same. Basically, you might need to test. However, if you didn’t have the correct firmware updates in place prior to flash, then you will very likely need to reflash. So that becomes the big question: Did you have the correct J90 BSP files in place prior to flash?

In terms of ethernet, I don’t know if the wiring you used is correct or not. It sounds like it would be correct if the other end is a switch, but perhaps your situation would want a crossover cable configuration instead. In the case of crossover, sometimes an ethernet PHY will understand this and automatically detect and change to crossover. I have no idea in your case what would happen.

If you have the BSP in place, then I would start with serial console. The connector would differ from the devel carrier board, but the rest of this information would be valid (and the J90 documents should give serial console information as well):
http://www.jetsonhacks.com/2017/03/24/serial-console-nvidia-jetson-tx2/

If you do flash, then the logs would help. If you hover your mouse over the quote icon in the upper right of an existing post, then other icons will show up. The paper clip icon is for attaching files. You can adapt this for your case, but if you were to flash on command line (and I don’t know what changes the J90 flash would require), then you would add something like " 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt" to get a log. For example:

sudo ./flash.sh jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt

Btw, if you have a serial console log (and minicom and other serial console software can log), then paste that in as well. It might mean successful flash, but we’d have to examine the log.