Within Omniverse Create if the Create AR extension (omni.create.ar - version 2021.1.0) is enabled and configured to autoload then launched. The application will function only in this instance.
If you then terminate your Create AR/Create session and re-attempt to launch Create from the Omniverse Launcher you are presented with a “Startup Error” Screenshot attached.
Steps to Replicate:
- Launch Omniverse Launcher (v1.1.2)
- Install Omniverse CREATE (v2021.1.1)
- Launch Create
- Select “Window > Extensions”
- In the resulting “Extensions” dialog clear the search field and enter XR
- Select CREATE XR and in the adjacent pane insert a check into the “AUTOLOAD” option then click Launch
- Create AR will launch.
- Once Create AR has started exit the application.
- Exit Omniverse Create
- Attempt to launch Omniverse Create - The “Startup Error” dialog is displayed (attached below) on acknowledging the message, the Create session will terminate and a crash log is generated (again attached below)
crash_2021-05-14_11-03-33_14300.txt (1.2 KB)
I’ve noticed that the “autoLoadExts” attribute within the user.config.json file (/data/kit/Create/2021.1) gets populated with [ “omni.create.ar-2021.1.0” ]
If the entry is removed from the json file, Create will successfully launch.
Attached below is a WinMerge of the updated and original json file.