CUDA visual profiler on OS X: unable to load cuda library ?

When double-clicking on CudaVisualProfiler, I get a popup:

“Unable to load the ‘cuda’ library. CUDA Visual Profiler device features will be disabled.”

This is version 1.1.7, and I’m running CUDA 2.0:

classico 9990$ nvcc --version
nvcc: NVIDIA ® Cuda compiler driver
Copyright © 2005-2007 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Wed_Jul_16_12:14:50_PDT_2008
Cuda compilation tools, release 2.0, V0.2.1221
classico 9978$ which nvcc
/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc

Any help? Thanks!

JDO

Hi JDO,

I just had the same problem today.

You need to add the path to the cuda library to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

On my machine, the library is located at “/Developer/CUDA/lib/”.

You set the variable by modifying the property list at “~/.MacOSX/environment.plist”.

However, be aware that those setting only apply if you start the application with finder.

If you use Spotlight to start the profiler, the environment.plist is ignored, unfortunately.

If you want to be able to start the profiler with Spotlight, here’s a different way how to set the

environment variables:

http://www.digitaledgesw.com/node/31

I hope I could be of help.

Lachsen

Another solution is to add the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH under Option->Environment Variable Settings.
You will need to do it every time you start the profiler… ( I think there is already a bug filed for this, I will double check)

Thanks guys, quite helpful. For me, CUDA is in /usr/local/cuda/lib (not /Developer/CUDA/lib) so I have

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib:/Developer/CUDA/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

and have to run it from the command line. Which is non-ideal. Seems to me, Massimiliano,

that the app should at least check the CUDA default install locations when starting and not

require that the user set an environment variable. Anyway, could you update this thread

when bug fixes are made for this problem?

sorry guys i have try the same thing then also i get the same error “Unable to load the ‘cuda’ library. CUDA Visual Profiler device features will be disabled.” i there any thing else solution? pls help me

sorry guys i have try the same thing then also i get the same error “Unable to load the ‘cuda’ library. CUDA Visual Profiler device features will be disabled.” i there any thing else solution? pls help me