Current Source of Jetson Nano GPIO

Hello,

I want to run a simple SR-04 sensor with the jetson nano. The sensor has a working current draw of 15mA. I have been unable to find the current that the jetson nano GPIO can provide. Can you please mention what is the maximum current that a GPIO pin of the nano source?
I also want to confirm that the working voltage of the GPIO header is 3.3V (this information I did get from the user guide)

Thank you

The GPIO header is 3.3V, and max drive current is about 20uA.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Is this rating for the jetson nano module or the developer kit?

Thank you.

Best,
Rabeya Jamshad

It’s for dev kit.

20 uA or mA

And how much current can the 5V and 3.3V pins on the GPIO source?

Thank you

20uA as the pins of 40-header all pass through a level shift, TXB0108.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your reply.
The 5V pins of the expansion header of the development kit are also used to supply 3A per pin to the Nano.
I also checked here and it shows that the 5V and 3.3V pin are not connected to the TXB0108.
However it does not say how much current can be sourced by these pins. As these are supply pins, it does not make a lot of sense for them to just source 20uA. So, just want to confirm what the current supply capacity actually is.
Thank you

The 5v and 3.3v power rail pins are not 20uA capability. It could be 5A for 5V and 3A for 3.3V.