I have already suffered this issue since 2 weeks ago and still have not see any solution yet. After one nvidia driver update (or maybe linux system update), my dual monitor PC setup cannot work properly.
- When I plug in my monitor through DisplayPort, and boot my pc, it will get stuck between the bios page and the linux system.
- When I plug in my monitor after my pc is already turned on, it will freeze the system.
- I have already run “sudo apt upgrade” to make sure everything in my pc is up-to-date.
- Driver version: 460.80
- GPU: 2060 Super
- OS: Ubuntu 20.04
- Linux core: 5.4.0-77-generic
- monitors resolution: two iiyama 2560 * 1440 monitor (HDMI + Display port)
- I am not the only case in my lab, some of my co-workers also suffer this issue. We have similar or same pc hardware in the office, except for one coworker who suffers this problem on his Laptop. They have to downgrade to old driver (450.xx) to solve this problem.
- I decide not to downgrade because I do not want to mess up my Deep Learning environment (cuda…).
- I have another setup (same Nvidia driver and Ubuntu version) with GTX1070 + two monitors using DisplayPort, this setup has no such issue.
I appreciate to receive any suggestion, thx in advance!