Ethernet cable connected but no internet

Hello everyone!
I’m using Jetson Nano for the first time via my laptop (Ubuntu 18).
I followed this course
Sign In , but I got the error “Unable to find image ‘nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.1-r32.6.1’ locally” after I ran ./docker_dli_run.sh
It seems that I don’t have Internet connection, but Ethernet cable is connected
ifconfig returns:
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:04:4b:e6:a4:1e txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 0 bytes 0 (0.0 B)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0
device interrupt 151

eth0:avahi: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 169.254.7.115 netmask 255.255.0.0 broadcast 169.254.255.255
ether 00:04:4b:e6:a4:1e txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
device interrupt 151

Please help!

If not running over docker but directly flash with sdkmanager or sdcard image, will you see the ethernet working fine?

I don’t understand what’s to check exactly. The cable is fine 100% . I’m sorry, but the problem is still exist

I am not asking about the cable.

I mean if you directly flash with your board by following method, will you see the ethernet.

yes

I see on the original ifconfig that there was absolutely no traffic even attempted. Zero bytes sent or received. If you boot and verify this is the same, what happens to bytes sent and received if you disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable? I ask because even if a DHCP request were rejected, that the Jetson would show bytes related to the DHCP.

Also, does the cable plug in to a router? Or does it plug in to a switch? If a switch, does the switch plug in to a router?

1 Like

Everything is plugged, yes

No TX packets sent and no RX packets received says no DHCP request was ever sent, and no DHCP response was received. Even if the router denied the request there would still be packets sent to say no.

Is there anything special about the cable or router? The router and cable seem to not even know they are connected. Is it possible you could plug in some other Linux box wired ethernet to that exact cable and router and see if any TX or RX packet traffic is observed, and if the other computer gets an IP address assigned?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.