Flash xavier AGX with qemu/kvm virtual machine

I want to flash my xavier agx via a qemu/kvm virtual machine. I can redirect the Xavier in recovery/flash mode to start the process. As the USB resets the host VM does not automatically connect the USB. If I catch the script while it is complaining about not connecting to the USB and re-direct it to the VM and the script will continue to run.
I keep on missing it and the script times out at some point in the process. Can someone point me to the place where the USB is connected in the scripts, so I can change it to not time out and continue to wait for the USB to be reset/re-directed to the VM? Thanks in advance

The VM is not the suggested environment to flash the Jetson device, it’s better to have a native Ubuntu 18.04/20.04 host PC to install the SDK manager.

But some developers did try it successfully, you may refer to below threads to see if can gain some ideas:
Issue with USB when flashing M.2 NVME SSD of Jetson NX from Ubuntu 18.04 VM - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson AGX Xavier - NVIDIA Developer Forums
JetPack 4.X Install with a VM (Solved) - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson AGX Xavier - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Succesfully Flash and SDK Components installation with VM - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson TX2 - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Flashing Jetson Nano 2GB with VM - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Flashing Jetson TX2 Development Kit via VirtualBox 6.0 and Windows 7/10 - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson TX2 - NVIDIA Developer Forums

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.