GeForce 740M / Asus X550L / CODE 43 AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

ok for those who went back to windows 8 and still had this problem ,
i made a clean windows 8 install , install chipset from asus , install audio from assus , then go to device manager right click on "unknown 3d device " (your videocard) and update driver thru windows , then it’s working again withouth code 43
Good luck.
Bram

to error code 43…
I tried to change UAC (user account control settings)… choose “Only notify me when programs try to make changes to my computer”
then… reinstall nvidia driver using dvd…

My version:
GeForce GT 430 - driver version : 301.42
“It works for me”…

Exactly same problem here!
Is there any way to see if my gpu is dead? Maybe it is burnt by high temperature?

Well I tried the BIOS update and exactly 2 days later the card goes code 43. Can’t remove the battery without breaking the thing. And for whatever reason after a month of not working it comes back and then 2 days afterwards it stops.

I also did more digging. For those of you who are unfortunate to own an Asus Q550LF with a nvidia card of 745m this is common on your laptop. Has been since win 7 and probably will be in the future.

As far as I know only a BIOS update fixes this problem for whatever reason but as of this post there is only ver. 215 from last year. And considering that’s the one I’m using right now well I’m out of luck.

I want to throw away 740 m :(

Isn’t it soldered on your ASUS’s motherbard?

I found a solution for my computer.

I have an HP Envy that had upgraded to Windows 10 and was getting code 43 errors on both my Intel HD Graphics 4600 card and GeForce GT 740M. I had tried rolling back, re-installing, clean installing, updating, etc… the drivers for both these adapters multiple times.

I cannot believe this worked, but I installed the Windows 10 driver for this device - a “JUA350 USB 3.0 HDMI Display Adapter” (found it here - [url]http://j5create.com/support.html#jua350[/url]). I do not have this device, I just downloaded the driver and installed it. Rebooted my machine. Both display adapters no longer have code 43 errors!!!

I have no idea why it worked, but I have looked for a solution for this problem for months, hoping that intel or nvidia would solve the problem with an update, or hp for that matter, and somehow stumbled across this solution!

Good luck.

this solution doesn’t work for me :/
which bios version do you have??

This is speculation on my part, but I’m thinking something in UEFI NVRAM gets corrupted and causes the error.

Another poster mentioned booting into an Ubuntu Live distro eliminated the issue:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/860867/cuda-setup-and-installation/windows-10-code-43-error-quadro-600/post/4706474/#4706474[/url]

It’s possible that reverting BIOS to defaults also fixes the issue.

Another possible solution would be to disable fast startup/fast shutdown in Windows… this might be why some reboot and do not recover from the problem.

Just figured I’d mention a few things for others to try.

BIOS to defaults and disable fast startup/fast shutdown is fix the issue and happy now Thanx!

I’m having this issue. Tried everything. I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. Fresh install. Worked great for a couple months. Then I was playing a video game, and suddenly the game crashed. I had to shut the computer down with the button. When I loaded it back up, it installed a Windows update. The video card isn’t working.

I’ve tried:

• Uninstall video drivers and reinstall latest
  • Uninstall windows updates
  • Install old video drivers
  • Reformat
  • Disable and reenable device

Now when I run GeForce Experience it’ll download and install the latest drivers. Then reset my PC. Then nothing happens. I reopen GeForce Experience, and it again tries to download and install the latest drivers as if it hadn’t just done that.

I’m not going to update the bios, since it worked fine all this time it shouldn’t be a BIOS problem.

Anyone have a solution yet?

Try the suggestions in my post above (#49), please. If indeed it is a UEFI NVRAM corruption, restoring BIOS defaults and/or booting into a UEFI-enabled Linux distro will probably fix it. Also try disabling fast startup/fast shutdown in Windows… post back with results. =)

after uninstalling and reinstalling driver try to remove the battery, it acually worked for me…

see the link, this was helpful, hope it would fix your problem too…answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/code-43-nividia-driver-windows-10/29ec4555-0712-4315-aad1-564e7e0a3fbb?auth=1

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/code-43-nividia-driver-windows-10/29ec4555-0712-4315-aad1-564e7e0a3fbb?auth=1

I fix it (error 43) it works for me, asus s451lb,with nvidia geforce 740m. I have problem error 43, before i use windows 7 profesional 64bit,and it was error code 43 on the device manager, i try everything. From install different driver, till upgrade windows, but it alway same. Now, i’am using windows 10 enterprise 64bit, before was same error code 43 on display driver nvidia, until tonigh i try new driver 352.84 whql, when i was install my uac is on level 3, but now mu uac was off. And it’s still work perfectly.

Maybe it’s work for you too guys.

Been dealing with this issue for months, basically limping along on the one Intel adapter as the NVIDIA one has been Code 43.
Bios version is the latest (403) available via this link: ||ASUS Global
Latest display driver is 10.18.13.6200 (2/23/2016, installed via Windows Update), and I did try to upgrade drivers using the GeForce Experience tool, it says it installed 364.51 but when the tool ran again, it wanted to download in install the exact same driver again.
I tried shutting down, pulling the battery, waiting several minutes while blowing out the vents with an air can and doing laundry, and on reboot, same error.
Anything else to try?

My solution:

1. Download Display Driver Uninstaller
  2. Uninstall Intel HD Graphics and nVidia Graphics.
  3. Lock the driver update:
    3.1) Download utility: [url]Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    3.2) Launch this is utility.
    3.3) Next
    3.4) Select Hide updates
    3.5) Next
    3.6) Select “Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics Family”
    3.7) Next
    3.8) Complete
  4. Set by Device Manager [url]Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (Driver for Intel HD Graphics 4400)
  5. Install the latest drivers for nVidia
  6. Reboot notebook.
  7. Complete. =)

This method has helped me =)

Sorry my bad English. I am Russian and I use translator =)

Has anyone tried this method? I did every possible troubleshooting ways like updating the BIOS, reverting back to Windows 8, installing base drivers, changing settings in the BIOS but I still get error code 43 on my Nvidia 740M.

I just fixed mine for the second time. This time nothing was working and this just worked:

1 - Uninstall driver through device manager
2 - Under programs and features: unistall Nvidia physX > Nvidia geforce experience > Nvidia graphics driver.
3 - Use DDU (normal mode, dont go under safe mode) and remove every NVIDIA files (ddu download here Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.5.4)
4 - Restart (automatically by DDU)
5 - Installed latest driver using custom mode, check the clean installation and DONT install geforce experience

My wife has a ASUS Q550LF and is experiencing this exact same problem.

There does not appear to be a 208 version of the BIOS for the Q550LF. The latest is 204 and 205. She is on 205. The graphics card shows up in the Device Manager but refuses to activate. No amount of driver manipulation or BIOS changes appears to fix it.

It’s a NVIDIA 745M just like everyone else’s.

Has there been any specific solution for this model laptop?