HDMI compliance

Dear Nvidia,

When I’m trying to test if the HDMI compatible HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0, I found I cannot change the resolution to 4K (instead 1920*720 max).

Is there any way to test the HDMI compatibility in convenience?

Thanks

If you go to “/etc/X11/xorg.conf”, and add this to Section “Device”, then logging to “/var/log/Xorg.0.log” will contain a verbose listing of what the driver thinks of all modes the monitor is reporting:

Option    "ModeDebug"

…add this, reboot, and save a copy of Xorg.0.log.

Hi,
you can also check if this mode is available in display kernel driver.
But I guess it is filtered out by X11. Please following linuxdev’s suggestion first.

Also, HDMI compliance is not passed on L4T. We are still planning to pass certification in future release.

Dear nVIDIA,

As your reply posted 6 months ago, you were planning to pass certification in “future release”.
How is it coming along? Will the release come near future?

Thanks

yo2avtj,

The latest rel-28.2.1 build should pass the HDMI compliance test. Please note that YUV mode and HDCP are still not supported.

Hello WayneWWW

Thank you for the information. It’s very helpful for me.
Will YUV mode and HDCP be supported in future release?

Thank you.

yo2avtj,

For tx2 and tx1, I think it is not in the future plan.

WayneWWW,

Well noted with thanks.
In addition, can it pass both of HDMI1.4b and HDMI2.0?

Hi WayneWWW

i need to this information.

In addition, can it pass both of HDMI1.4b and HDMI2.0??

etta,

Yes, we have passed internal test for both HDMI1.4b and HDMI2.0. You need to use BSP after rel-28.2

Hi WayneWWW

thanks for your reply.

but i see this topic and i have some error for HDMI compliance test.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1022637/jetson-tx2/is-the-hdmi-hardware-capable-of-deep-color-mode-/

do you have test HDMI complianc for 4K/2K Deep Color(@24HZ @25HZ @30HZ) 30 bit/Pixe ?

Hi,

I’m using jetpack 3.3 with rel 28.2.1 …

will it support hdmi 1.4 & tested ?

Im having hdmi issue
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1065946/jetson-tx2/hdmi-1-0-related-queries/post/5397923/?offset=7#5398308

Please refer to L4T document ->Software feature and it would tell you if HDMI1.4 is supported.