Isaac Sim Installation failed with "ENOSPC: no space left on device, write"

Hello,

I am attempting to install Isaac Sim 4.0.0 using Omniverse Exchange on a laptop (mostly passes Isaac Compatibility Check, though only 8GB VRAM and 42GB RAM) with 1.1TB of free space on a drive that is not under my typical home directory, in Ubuntu 20.04.

When I installed Omniverse I made sure the cache, logs, data, and library paths are all located on the drive with 1.1TB of free space. However, no matter what I do, the installation nearly completes, but ends up failing with the error: “Error occurred during installation of Isaac Sim: ENOSPC: no space left on device, write” (same issue happened when installing previous version of Isaac Sim back on Friday as well). Is there any way to verify where in the process it is running out of storage and how to deal with it?

I believe there is some type of bug in the Omniverse Launcher/Isaac Sim installation paths. I am able to install Isaac Sim 4.0.0 if I maintain my library path on the same drive as the .cache and logs. However, if I attempt to move the library to another drive (with _significantly more free storage available), I get the error: “Error occurred during installation of Isaac Sim: ENOSPC: no space left on device, write”

To be more explicit:
I have 2 drives, drive A only has 200GB partitioned for Ubuntu 20.04, drive B has nearly 1.1TB of free space. My home and “/” directories are mounted to drive A.

My ideal setup is:
Everything related to Omniverse and IsaacSim and IsaacLab should reside on drive B. However, this setup (changing all Library, Content, Data, and .cache paths to somewhere on drive B) gives me the ENOSPC no space error.

To get it working:
I have needed to keep my Library path and .cache and logs location on drive A. This is somewhat problematic because now IsaacSim 4.0.0 is actually installed on a drive that really will have a no space problem soon.

Is there any way to see a more verbose log for the IsaacSim 4.0.0 installation? Or does anyone understand this issue? Looking at the current install IsaacSim4.0.0 logs, nothing suggests it requires any space on drive A when I am attempting the everything on drive B configuration.

Hi. It is a known issue when installing the Launcher on separate drives on Linux.
To producer more verbose logs, run with the -vv flag.

Is there anyway to move the Omniverse Launcher install location? Do I just launch it from a different drive? It seems to always default a lot of stuff to “/” though.