JetPack 5.0 Native from SSD Failed to Boot after Upgrade

Hi,

I just flashed my AGX with JetPack 5.0 with modified package urls using this method (GitHub - jetsonhacks/bootFromExternalStorage: Shell scripts to setup a NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier or Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit to boot from external storage.).
The method was for 4.6 and included the secure boot. I changed the package address to 5.0 and removed the secure boot since it is not supported.

Everything works except if I do sudo apt-get upgrade. There is no error during the upgrade and there is a message saying nvidia-l4t-bootloader needs reboot for post installation. However, after shutdown, the device never boots up. No display, no ip address for ssh, only power light lights up.

I have reflashed and repeated this problem 3 times by the folloing procedure.

1. flash with JetPack 5.0 into SSD with bootFromExternalStorage.
  2. sudo apt-get upgrade after oem-config.
  3. (My host computer is Ubuntu 16.04 but the project description on Github says it supports 16.04)

Any suggestions on how to solve the problem or what packages I should prevent from upgrading (just bootloader?) would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

1. For any “I don’t know if the board is dead or alive” case, please dump the uart log.
  1. Jetsonhacks is not our official website. We don’t guarantee the tools from it.

2. Apt-get upgrade will re-install the jetpack again. And that jetpack version does not know your previous customization. A customization here means anything that is different from default jetpack. For example, boot from external drive.
    If you want to prevent apt-get upgrade installing jetpack, please remove nvidia related source from the apt source list.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.