Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit - Getting started

I initially picked the headless configuration since I could not access a monitor immediately. I set it up using oem-config initially using the USB serial. I then decided the tasks I needed to do would be easier using the GUI since I am not strong in Linux command line. I plugged in a monitor but had no luck displaying anything on it. I then ran oem-config-prepare and it said it would rerun OEM config on boot again. I rebooted, and now I have no monitor and no serial port. What now? I have tried “forced recovery” with the “reset” button while powered, but this does not return serial access or show anything on the display. Thanks in advance for some help, it looks like I might need a little hand-holding.

Recovery mode does not change the Jetson in any permanent way. All recovery mode does is to turn the Jetson into a custom USB device which is understood by a custom driver (aptly named the “driver package”). It is that software which has the ability to flash and alter the Jetson. Without that there is no change to the Jetson after recovery mode (you just reboot it and it is back to normal).

The serial port should have some debug logging show up during boot unless it is failing rather early. If you set up your serial port before powering up the Jetson, does anything show up during boot? If it does, then can you post a log of that? Any serial console program should have the ability to save a log of that output (the entire session).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.