Jetson AGX Xavier - do not start correctly - debug not possible - black screen

Hello,
i have following problem:

After connecting an external monitor over the HDMI interface, the Jetson AGX Xavier (JAGX) do not display anything and is not been recognized. I tried also connecting a monitor over the USB-C interface but do not get a display either.

I tried implementing the Debug Console from another PC. The 4 USB Interfaces are being recognized. But i do not get messages over these interfaces.
I tried two tools: minicom and gtkterm
I was also debugging all 4 interfaces. None of them got any data.

I tried to start the JAGX in the recovery mode to resetup with the sdkmanager. Unfortunately i do not get into the recovery mode.
I tried two approaches:
Starting the JAGX → Pressing Force Recovery → Press & Releayse Reset → Waiting for 2+ seconds and release Force Revoery
Starting the JAGX while pressing Force Recovery

It indicates that the processor has damaged. But after starting the JAGX the LED is on.
I implemented a script a while ago in the autostart to run the fan after restart. The fan is turning on so the JAGX must start in a way. But it seems it starts not correctly.

May the processor been damaged? How do i get the JAGX work properly again?

Thanks to you. Best regards.
Luca

Hi,

Please answer the question first.

1. Is this AGX Xavier devkit or custom board?

2. Are you able to see any log from the UART serial console as below setup with picocom instead of minicom?
    NVIDIA Xavier - Serial Console

Another question: For the serial console, which USB connector do you use (I am assuming a dev kit)? Is it the micro-OTG connector with the NVIDIA-supplied micro-B USB cable?

Hi WayneWWW,

1. I am using the AGX Xavier Devkit.

2. I do not get any output from picocom either

I checked if the USBs are available: ls -al /dev/ttyUSB*
The Output is:
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Sep 13 14:14 /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 1 Sep 13 14:14 /dev/ttyUSB1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 2 Sep 13 14:14 /dev/ttyUSB2
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 3 Sep 13 14:17 /dev/ttyUSB3

Hi,
I am using the dev kit and for debugging the micro-B USB connector with a micro-B to USB-A cable.

Hi,

After you plug the cable and open picocom, please press the reset or power button and reboot the device.

Please do not wait for the device (maybe) already boot hang and then open picocom.

I am sorry, i do not get a signal either.

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue to support? Thanks

Yeah it is still an issue.

The NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier Develper Kit do not function correctly.

After pressing the start button the fan is starting and the indication light lights up. I do not get any signal over the debuging interface while booting (also while force recovery boot). The monitor shows nothing. I tried connecting the screen via HDMI and USBC.

I also tried to reset the Developer kit with SDK Manager and set it up.

Does your host side still see “nvidia” in lsusb as you put the device into recovery mode?

Yeah, it still says that nvidia is connected.

Could you directly flash device with flash.sh instead of sdkmanager?

Where is flash.sh?

If you ever flashed by sdkamanger before, then your ~/nvidia/ on the x86 host pc shall have a L4T package. (Linux_for_Tegra)

It says the following:

sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

###############################################################################
L4T BSP Information:
R35 , REVISION: 1.0
###############################################################################
Error: probing the target board failed.
Make sure the target board is connected through
USB port and is in recovery mode.

The sdkmanager itself also do not recognize the board.

The device that is showing through lsusb is following:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC

Hi,

This is not the device we want to see… So even “nvidia” is not showing in the lsusb now?

What you just told me is not correct?

werthmannlu75012
Yeah, it still says that nvidia is connected.

Hi,

i am sorry for the confusion. I thought that this was the device we are looking for.

“nvidia” is not showing in lsusb. The only device that is showing up after plugging in the DevKit and entering the force recovery mode is the one mentioned above.

Hi,

Just to confirm that … do you know what is the correct connection here?

This “Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC” device is showing up on your host because you connect the micro usb port on jetson. And this is only for dumping the log. This does not have functionality to flash board…

To flash board, you need to connect the flash port (type C), put your board into recovery mode and check the lsusb again…

I would suggest you can read the developer kit user guide to make sure you understand the function of each port.

Only one type C port on the device has the function to flash. The other one cannot.