Jetson Nano interface with touch screen

Can we interface any touchscreen with Jetson nano? If yes, then please let me know which touchscreen and any tutorial available for that.

Thanks

What size of screen are you looking for? A computer monitor with the appropriate digital input and ubuntu drivers should work. But it’s likely going to be expensive.

I am looking to interface a touchscreen mentioned below

Yeah – that won’t work. The Nano doesn’t have a DSI port. You need to find a display that has DisplayPort or HDMI input and USB touchscreen output.

Thank you for the reply. I will find and test the 7 inch touchscreen with HDMI and USB port and update you.

Thanks

Hi, may I ask is there any progress about testing of the touch screen with nano? I’m also looking for applying touch screen on nano recently…

Thanks

Nano with touchscreen works fine, as long as you use a HDMI display with USB interface.
For example:

I would recommend also using a monitor with separate power supply, not use the Nano USB as power source, given the power constraints of the Nano development board.

Note that many of the 7" displays are of limited native resolution (800x480 or 1024x600 or so) which may limit how you can interact with software on the display.

1 Like

Are you sure of this, or maybe was there an update? I see in the documentation that the Jetson nano indeed has a DSI port

Jetson Nano appears to have partial support for Waveshare 7" screen. PARTIAL SUPPORT (Ubuntu 18.4)

I ordered this touch screen for my Jetson Nano:

If you read the description, it does work with Jetson Nano AS AS DISPLAY. With Raspberry Pi, it has TOUCHSCREEN capability with the appropriate drivers.
I can’t tell the limitations with Windows as I’m running Ubuntu 18.04

But the Jetson Nano has some sporadic support - I can’t get the virtual keyboard to show anything other than alphabetical characters UPON COLD BOOT - my password had to be changed to remove the numbers. I did notice on random login, I can see the numbers and special characters. But I cannot keep it long enough to use the keys.

So I successfully log in via touch screen after COLD BOOT. When the screen lock activates - I get a new login screen that is different than COLD BOOT. This login screen does NOT bring up the virtual keyboard. I am effectively locked out until I pull the power cord and shut it down.

My take - as of 3/3/2021, touchscreen support under Ubuntu 18.04 on Jetson Nano is not usable - it is too incomplete for my application (mobile use in a car).

Unless someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong, I’m going to install a mobile desk in my car with this Waveshare 7" LCD as a display device ONLY and a conventional USB mouse/keyboard to make it usable.

can i see your setup? lol im interested in installing some music controllers too

1 Like