Jetson nano reboots after launching gstreamer

I have been working with an Arducam IMX219 CSI camera which has always been working fine until today. When Gstreamer is launched, the nano freezes and reboots. Could it be that the camera driver got damaged? or is this a software issue?

Could you check with below command.

v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 -d /dev/video0

doesnt seem to be doing anything, it enters an infinite loop. also it seems like this issue started to occur after I had updated my nano a few days ago

Does Gstreamer can see the image? Could you reflash the system to clarify?

GStreamer does not even open. I have refreshed the system. I have a suspicion that this may be a power supply issue. I have been using a portable 5V 3A power bank, using the USB. I think the power bank may have lost its ability to deliver stable power and might be causing the nano to reboot. do you think this could be a plausible cause?

Could you remove the sensor can check if TPG module.
Run the gstreamer after insmod the TPG module.

sudo insmod ./kernel/drivers/media/platform/tegra/tpg/nvhost-vi-tpg.ko

it cannot find the file

Check this path.

/lib/modules/4.9.201-tegra/kernel/drivers/media/platform/tegra/tpg/nvhost-vi-tpg.ko

the insmod worked but doesnt seem like it has fixed anything. I am now powering the nano with a 5V 4A power supply and it still seems to be crashing. not sure what the issue is at this point

Do you launching by TPG instead of imx219 still got system crashed?
If yes it could be your device have something wrong maybe I would suggest going RMA processing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.