Jetson TX1 - Running multiple displays

Hi,

I’m working with a Jetson TX1 and I want to run multiple independent displays.

By referring to the TX1 Carrier Board specification, I have narrowed it down to here.

http://developer2.download.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/jetson/TX1/docs/JetsonTX1_Developer_Kit_Carrier_Board_Specification.pdf?fVlsSjkoGnWoHI5W-bxvdyKHzOGCQNqMtyoSXCET6oum5ayJ5K0jX-Yx-nA6f2eGie7u8VS0R9Du8AX7sa3vu-VGxloqw6JewLyJGn70pa7_1d_KBZtDNTBMEegNHKL7k_p1IJZ0cjdX5gFFYbzUxh2Rzkmbx5EuWMx5IQAHPHZzeSm-j99Mv50-NVpHPdiFE7bVhYlwQykJwOXiow

Display Expansion Connector
The Jetson TX1 carrier board includes a 120-pin (2x60, 0.5 mm pitch) Display Expansion Connector (J23). The connector used on the Carrier board is a Samtec QSH-060-01-H-D -A. The mating connector is a Samtec QTH -060-01-H-D -A. The displayexpansion connector
includes interface options for an embedded display and touch controller including

DSI 2 x4
eDP
eDP HPD
eDP AUX
LCD BL EN/PWM
LCD EN/TE/BIAS EN
SPI0, SPI2
I2C_GP1
Touch INT/RST/CLK
Display control

My question is this.

Can the Jetson TX1 J23 coupled with a DSI to HDMI converter such as

directly run an external HD display?
Or are there software backend modifications that need to be done?

According to NVIDIA documentation, the Jetson TX1 is capable of running multiple displays.

Thanks in advance.

The DSI port of Jetson TX1 is standard, no modification needed for a bridge chip. Whether it works is decided by the bridge chip, you might need to check the bridge chip’s design guide to find out if it has special request on input DSI signal (generally no) and follow the design guide.