Loading Road Tiles into Jetbot RL Python Sample

I’ve been trying run the reinforcement learning Jetbot sample for Isaac as described here (Reinforcement Learning — Omniverse Robotics documentation). However, I am having some problems with importing the road tiles you have to create. I have the .fbx file ready but when I livestream the UI and try clicking the Import button nothing happens. I have tried exporting the .fbx files as .usb in Blender and placing them in the right folder but I get these errors when I run the training:

[Warning] [omni.client.plugin] Main: usd_plugin: Unresolved reference path <defaultPrim> on prim @anon:0x7f7d24001680:World0.usd@,@anon:0x7f7d240048f0:World0-session.usda@</World/Env/Tiles/Tile_01>. (recomposing stage on stage @anon:0x7f7d24001680:World0.usd@ <0x7f7d24007e90>) 2021-08-31 20:45:40 [108,084ms] [Warning] [omni.usd] Warning: in _ReportErrors at line 2830 of /buildAgent/work/ca6c508eae419cf8/USD/pxr/usd/usd/stage.cpp -- Unresolved reference path <defaultPrim> on prim @anon:0x7f7d24001680:World0.usd@,@anon:0x7f7d240048f0:World0-session.usda@</World/Env/Tiles/Tile_01>. (recomposing stage on stage @anon:0x7f7d24001680:World0.usd@ <0x7f7d24007e90>)

The training still seems to run but there are no road tiles visible in the output. This is all running on a Docker container in AWS. All the other objects seems to load ok so the script seems to be able to find the Nucleus server. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have ideas on how to resolve it? Thanks!

@michaela.buchanan I believe you need to be connected to a nucleus server so that assets can be imported/converted. Can you check/verify if you are connected to a local server?
A screenshot from the content window would be helpful as well, showing where you placed the assets

Hi Hammad. Thanks for the reply. I was actually able to resolve this issue a few days ago by downloading a local version of Isaac and converting my .fbx to .usb in that. I was then able to place these .usb files in the correct location on the AWS deployment and things worked from there. Still not sure why the Import function doesn’t do anything in the Livestreamed version of Isaac but this workaround got the job done for me.

1 Like

Great!, we will look into making sure import works when using a livestream client

1 Like