Messed up putting 12v in. Is there anything I can save!?

Hello!
I have to embarrassingly admit that I put 12v into my brand new Jetson Nano (seed studio j1010) and it never got to see the light of day. :(

When I now put the correct power into the dcin port I get a super short blink of a green led next to the data usb-c port on the other side, then nothing.
The heatsink goes very hot.
But no visuals from the HDMI. I have also tried with an UART cable to get some info following this how-to: Jetson Nano Style - Serial Console - JetsonHacks

But nothing at all prints.

I’m assuming I bricked it with the 12v?

Is there anything I can save and re-use from my board? For example there’s a section that sits lifted up on top. Would both lower and higher boards be burned? Or could I take one off and combine with a different functioning part?

Cheers

Hi, it looks the board had been broken by wrong power supply. If you have strong hardware knowledge, you can try to find out which devices failed and then to see if any thing can do to save it. If not, you can try RMA. Jetson FAQ | NVIDIA Developer

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.