other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I have a new Drive Pegasus which I flashed using the SDK manager following the video tutorial. At the end of the process I was suppose to see something on the screen attached to the Pegasus, but there’s no signal, I’m not even sure if the hardware was rebooted after the flashing (I waited for 2 hours).
When I type <<sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2 -C TegraA.txt>> the text file is empty (same with aurix and TegraB).

I’ve also tried <<sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2>> without success.

Am I missing something?

Logs (133.0 KB)

Thanks,

S.

Dear @jber4282 ,
I could see the flashing is successful in the provided logs. Could you turn off power supply to target and manually check restarting after few minutes. Please connect host and target’s debug port using USB A-A cable see if board is detected via lsusb. Please make sure there is no issue with minicom setup and you are able to access other serial devices. Usually, sudo minicom -D /ttyUSB3 followed by ENTER should take you to Aurix terminal. If not please share minicom connection configuration details

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV

I can see that the board is detected

But this is what I see after typing sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3

minicom configuration

Thanks,

S.

Dear @jber4282 ,
Could you check the discussion on Nvidia AGX Xavier DevKit doesn't turn ON and see if it helps. Please give us the feedback on provided suggestions. Also, please provide the LED light indicators

Dear @jber4282 ,
Could you provide any update?

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV

I manage to connect to the pegasus by sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2 in the host machine and then restarting the target, is that the expected behaviour? if the pegasus has already boot I can’t connect via minicom.

S.

Hi @jber4282 ,

Why do you restart the target? You should be able to connect via minicom anytime.
running sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2 after booting shouldn’t have any problem.
If missing below messages, it should still wait for username so you can just type “nvidia” (the default username if you didn’t change in installation). Thanks.

Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS tegra-ubuntu ttyS0

tegra-ubuntu login:

Hi @VickNV

Thanks Vick that works, the only way to see the login part was to restart the target, otherwise this is the output:

S.

Dear @jber4282,
Press ENTER in minicom console and also set Hardwareflow control to NO in configuration settings. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks @SivaRamaKrishnaNV
It’s working!