Nsight 3.2.1 and Windows 8.1

I’ve been using Nsight successfully for a while, and after the 3.2.1 update dropped, I upgraded my computer from Windows 8 to 8.1. After doing so, Nsight no longer functions correctly. When launching from Visual Studio via ‘Start Graphics Debugging’ the app will run fine, but the Nsight HUD overlay does not show up at all. When I launch the app via ‘Start Performance Analysis’, it will appear to function OK, but the end result will be that it will report that 0 samples were collected. I hammered on this for a while, to no avail. I even did a fresh install of Windows 8, verified that Nsight worked fine, upgraded to 8.1, and saw the exact same thing happen again. I made sure that I did a clean install of the latest drivers. Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks!

My system specs are as follows:
Intel i7 2600K processor
NVidia 560 Ti
Windows 8.1
16 GB RAM
Visual Studio 2012

Hi,

is your app a DX11 app? we are working on an issue with Win 8.1 on this, sorry about that. We will have an update very soon on this.

Yup, it is a DX11 app. I’ll look forward to the update. Thanks!

Hi,

An updated version (3.2.2) is now out which should address your issue. Could you please update to that build and let me know if this problem has been resolved? thanks

I updated NSight to the 3.2.2 version in Windows 8.1, and everything is working just fine now. Thanks so much for your help!