NvMedia Questions

Hi,

I’ve started going over the NvMedia FW documentation and I have a few questions:

1. What is connection/relationship between the NvSIPL and NvMediaIPP FW? As far as I understand the NvSIPL is on top of the NvMedia API so I’m a bit confused.

2. What is the connection/relationship between the NvMedia IPP (as appeared below in ‘Multimedia Infrastructure’ and ‘IPP Framework’ (as appeared below in ‘Image API’, which is in the NvMedia API)?

1. As far as I understand, the following files/component should be updated/added in order to support custom GMSL camera:
  2. SIPL query driver (.so)
  3. SIPL camera module driver (.so)
  4. Use the DW framework (with the SAL in within)
  5. Are there some more additions/modifications required?
    To my understanding, the PlatformCfg struct of a specific camera is extracted from the query driver of the specific camera. Is that correct or there is another file which holds the PlatformCfg struct?
    I couldn’t find any .cpp source files but only the binary .so objects and the headers.

Thanks,
Matan

Hi @matan.hershkovitz,

NVIDIA DRIVE™ OS 5.1 platforms have been supporting a new camera framework called Sensor Input Processing Library (SIPL) designed for safety use cases. The SIPL framework provides a single set of C++ interfaces to program external image devices and Xavier-based platforms for image capture and processing through the Xavier hardware ISP. NvMedia IPP is scheduled to be removed from DRIVE OS release 5.2.0.0 and onwards (say, will be removed from the next drive software release).

For custom sensors, please refer to the webinar (https://developer.nvidia.com/video/integrating-custom-sensors-using-nvidia-driveworks). But for custom camera, with DRIVE Software 10, customization of imager drivers requires additional engagement and support from NVIDIA, I suggest to reach out to your NVIDIA account representative to discuss your use case further.

We maintain a list of supported sensors that you can refer to here .

Hi @VickNV,

Thank you for your answers.

1. Can you please explain why adding/updating the SIPL query driver and the SIPL camera driver won’t suffice to support custom camera sensor? What is still missing?
  2. Is the PlatformCfg struct of a specific camera is extracted from the query driver of the specific camera or there is another file which holds the PlatformCfg struct?
  3. I couldn’t find any .cpp source files but only the binary .so objects and the headers.

Thanks,
Matan

There is a camera development kit including some extra camera sensors support and source files needed to add
support for new camera modules for building query drivers and camera module drivers (libnvsipl_qry_.so and libnvsipl_drv_.so respectively). You need to reach out to your NVIDIA representativ for further discussion.

PlatformCfg of a specific camera will be compiled into relevant libnvsipl_qry_*.so