Permission

Dir Sir,
I have Jetson Nvidia TX2 Development Kit and added the NAND SSD Hard Disk 500MB for extended the storage size. Then, I convert the booting sequence from the original SD Hard to SSD Hard. I want to add and install the DeepStream Reference applications in the original path of DeepStream that is (/opt/Nvidia/DeepStreem/DeepStream-5.0/sources ). But the error message is present as the Permission denied to add or modify any folder or file because that I, not owner, also, when I go to properties for any folder or file by right click on it, the all (owner, group and other) are not active to change the permission from read-only to read/write.

How can fix this permission problem in order to add any folder or file in any place in the TX2 Development Kit?

Note that I am the owner of Nvidia TX2 and I have the device for more than one year.

Can you help? And thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

1 Like
  • Can you provide the exact commands you are using, and log of what the commands reply with?
  • Also, are you using sudo?
  • If the drive is already mounted, what do you see from “cat /etc/mtab”?
  • If you added an entry to “/etc/fstab” for the mount, what is that entry?
  • Was the drive added through a flash using “flash.sh”?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your cooperation with me.

This is the answers of your questions.

1- Can you provide the exact commands you are using, and log of what the commands reply with?

Answer:

nujet@nujet-desktop:~$ cd /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources

nujet@nujet-desktop:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources$ git clone GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications

fatal: could not create work tree dir ‘deepstream_python_apps’: Permission denied

nujet@nujet-desktop:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources$ chmod ugo+rwx /opt/nvidia

chmod: changing permissions of ‘/opt/nvidia’: Operation not permitted

2- Also, are you using sudo?

Answer:

nujet@nujet-desktop:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources$ sudo chmod ugo+rwx /opt/nvidia

[sudo] password for nujet:

nujet@nujet-desktop:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources$ git clone GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications

fatal: could not create work tree dir ‘deepstream_python_apps’: Permission denied

nujet@nujet-desktop:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources$

If the drive is already mounted, what do you see from “ cat /etc/mtab ”?

Answer:

nujet@nujet-desktop:~$ cat /etc/mtab

/dev/sda1 / ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0

none /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=3980332k,nr_inodes=995083,mode=755 0 0

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0

tmpfs /run tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755 0 0

tmpfs /run/lock tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k 0 0

tmpfs /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/unified cgroup2 rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd 0 0

pstore /sys/fs/pstore pstore rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/debug cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,debug 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/pids cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/memory cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/devices cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb 0 0

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct cgroup rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct 0 0

hugetlbfs /dev/hugepages hugetlbfs rw,relatime 0 0

mqueue /dev/mqueue mqueue rw,relatime 0 0

sunrpc /run/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw,relatime 0 0

debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0

systemd-1 /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc autofs rw,relatime,fd=37,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0

configfs /sys/kernel/config configfs rw,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /run/user/1000 tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=804020k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

systemd-1 /media/64989eb8-73c8-4747-8d86-d31663a02b0b autofs rw,relatime,fd=94,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0

/dev/sda1 /media/64989eb8-73c8-4747-8d86-d31663a02b0b ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs fuse.gvfsd-fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000 0 0

fusectl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/nujet/a2d08a78-8380-42f5-8923-72bd263dadf8 ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered 0 0

nujet@nujet-desktop:~$

4- If you added an entry to “ /etc/fstab ” for the mount, what is that entry?

Answer:

Sorry, i am not understand your question and what me do to answer his questions because i have not enough experiment with TX2 Nvidia development kit.

5- Was the drive added through a flash using “ flash.sh ”?

Answer:

First, I installed the Sdkmanager through PC with Ubuntu operating software. Then I flash the kit during the installation. After that, we change the booting from original SD card to SSD drive by using the several steps illustrated on YouTube :

Install Samsung SSD on NVIDIA Jetson TX2 - YouTube install Samsung SSD on NVIDIA Jetson TX2

What I do to solve this problem? and can you help me to slove it?

Thank you for cooperation

best regards,

This directory will be owned by root, and a regular user won’t be able to modify it:
/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources

If you were to prefix your git command with sudo (“sudo git ...”), then this part would succeed. There are cases where mount specifications might still prevent this, and that would be determined by seeing the fstab entry. What do you see from “cat /etc/fstab”? The “mtab” is a result of a mount, the “fstab” is the command which causes the mount. You can just post the “cat /etc/fstab”, it is a small file. However, there won’t be a need to if the “git” command works when used with sudo. Try the sudo version of git, and if that does not work, then post the output of “cat /etc/fstab”.

1 Like