Physx5

I want to know whether the PhysX5 in Omniverse supports me to view and modify the joint source code? Because I do not know how to set the joint parameters properly, the only formula is too simple for me to simulate the hydraulic driving joint force, acceleration, flow, etc.
force = springCoeff * (targetPosition - position) + dampingCoeff * (targetVelocity - velocity)

Hi,
I dont think this code changed much, so you can explore the existing 4.1 source code available on github:

Also for next release we are planning to expose custom joint development for omni.physx using the existing PhysX SDK custom joint code. So it will be possible to implement own constraints for Omniverse.

Regards,
Ales

when will the next version be updated?

This work is targeted for 104 Kit release, which should be around August.

I opened the vscode.debug function in create and opened the create directory with VScode to debug and attached successfully. However, when I read any Python code in the Create directory, there would be a problem of missing dependent packages and I could not access the source code of the missing packages. Running this code in vscode shows no module named XXX. Is this because omniverse’s dependency environment is not open source? Will the source code of PhysX5 be open source in the next version in August?

![8a441b9d13c9b0d8134064fc0163ff02_|690x382]

(upload://1DmXXzLmOQZzqJErOgre4ex6czl.jpeg)

Hi,
no we will provide a way to write extensions to PhysX SDK through omni.physx interface. The source code still wont be available.
As for the debugging, there should be an extension KIT DEBUG VSCODE:

Then you can attach python from VS:

{
            // For use: Enable the 'omni.kit.debug.vscode' extension in omniverse-kit
            "name": "Python: Attach",
            "type": "python",
            "request": "attach",
            "port": 3000,
            "host": "localhost",
            "pathMappings": [
                {
                  "localRoot": "${workspaceRoot}",
                  "remoteRoot": "${workspaceFolder}",
                }
            ],
            "runtimeArgs": [
                "--preserve-symlinks",
                "--preserve-symlinks-main"
            ]
        },

Using your launch.json configuration to show a connection failure, is there something wrong with my configuration? What are the functions of pathMapping and runtimeArgs in your JSON file?Should I set my own working path address behind the WorksapceFolder?

“remoteRoot”: “${workspaceFolder}”,
“localRoot”: “${workspaceRoot}”,
I don’t know what to put in the path here? Like the kit.exe path to create