PIXEL_FMT_YCbCr_444_888 deactivate all ISP processing outside debayering

Hi
We are using the libargus multimedia API to acquire frames on the jetson.
Our use case requires us to work on raw debayered images, meaning we don’t want all the processing done by the ISP outside of debayering.
Using PIXEL_FMT_RAW16 works but it requires us to do the debayering ourself with CUDA and it requires a lot of GPU leaving us without a lot of room to use the GPU for other use cases.

On jetpack 4.6.1 we can now use PIXEL_FMT_YCbCr_444_888 with the ISP which is great.
Is there a way to use the PIXEL_FMT_YCbCr_444_888 and only let the ISP debayer images and convert it to the right format.
There are many options in the multimedia API but it is not obvious how to disable everything outside of debayering and format conversion (from 16 bits to 8 bits in our case)

Is it something doable ? If not what ISP function can’t be disabled ?
Thanks for your help

Thomas.

Hi,
The use-case is not supported. Now we support two cases:

1. Use ISP engine and work with our camera partners for IQ tuning
  2. Capture raw frames and implement CUDA code for debayering

Thanks for your answer Dane,
Can I know the list of feature that can’t be disabled from the ISP ?
Correct me if I am wrong but ISP is part of the jetson nano board. How camera partners can help us fine tune camera IQ if the problems we face lie in the ISP ?

Hi,
We work with camera partners closely and they have the document and tools for IQ tuning. Would suggest you consult with our partner for help.

Hi Thanks Dane.
I will contact our camera partners (Leopard Imaging)
Do you have documentation regarding the Jetson ISP that we could read ?
We would really need to understand what is not possible to deactivate on the ISP side to make a wise decision.
Thanks,
Thomas.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.