Power on signal from Jetson Nano

Hi,

I need to get a signal of 5V as soon I press the power button on jetson nano. Can I use the GPIO to do this?

Thanks in advance

hello pulzappcheck890,

may I know what’s the actual use-case?
if you’re having serial console setup, bootloader messages shown as soon as you power-on the device.

Hi @JerryChang ,

I am using the jetson 5V 4A power brick to supply power to jetson nano and to supply power to a 7inch display. The power to the display has to be connected only when the power button of jetson nano is pressed and it is switched on. I am using a switching relay.

Simply the relay has to be switched on as soon as the jetson nano powers up.

Thank You

hello pulzappcheck890,

what’s the interface of the display? for example, there’s EDID to send signals through HDMI to bring it on.

Hi @JerryChang ,

I have a HDMI display. I only need to supply power to the display when jetson starts. which means, when I press the power button of jetson nano I need to switch a relay which connects power to HDMI display. Additionally I also have to supply power to an external HDD connected to Jetson Nano which requires separate power.

Hence I plan to get a signal from jetson nano after it switches on.

I also thought of getting the signal to the power LED which only switches on after power up.

I tried to use GPIO 5V signal the issue is when the barrel jack is connected even without power on GPIO 5V has power.

Thank You

hello pulzappcheck890,

you may also check Jetson Nano Product Design Guide,
please refer to [Table 5-1. Jetson Nano Power and System Pin Descriptions] for using POWER_EN pin.
thanks

1 Like

Thank you for the response I will look in to this

Hi @JerryChang,

I have connected the below components to jetson nano

1. Portable HDD
  2. USB to HDMI converter
  3. Logitech Camera
  4. USB HUB which contains below
    5. USB to SDI converter
    6. USB Audio
    7. Display Touch controller

And two more where power is supplied externally

1. power to the HDMI display
  2. power to portable HDD

I am using the 5V 4A power supply. When running an encoding process the jetson nano sometimes shutdown.

Is the reason for unexpected power off of jetson nano while working, lack of power?

Thanks in advance

hello pulzappcheck890,

suggest you should setup a serial console, or you may check it with $ dmesg --follow to gather the logs for reference,
thanks

1 Like