Pricing: $25.000 for the nucleus server!?

We are a small company with 4 artists using Max/Vray/Unity and were looking forward to use Omniverse.
But $25.000 for the server + $1800 per user/year definately kills the dream.

1 Like

Yeah second this. I would need clarity about what base features will be in the free version before I invest anymore resources. Are we talking an Epic games indie/creator type license?

Team Green clarity please.

Hm yeah. We were considering jumping on the wagon as well since Omniverse looks like a great choice for our new startup in the virtual live events space. But then I saw the enterprise pricing and pretty much had an aneurysm. I’m still reeling from the shock now actually. *** $25,000 *** per year for a server PLUS $1,500 per seat? As a team of 4 just starting out we’d never be able to justify those prices.

Also could someone from Nvidia please clarify exactly what is “open” about the platform. Is it fully open source? Does it run on third party GPU’s? Can anyone self-host their own Nucleus server in the cloud if they wish to get their hands dirty and don’t require enterprise-grade managed hosting and support? Or is the “open” part simply referring to an ability to create open connectors and extensions into a walled garden. “Garden” being a little generous. “Extortion Zone” is more in line with what I’m feeling right now to be perfectly honest.

We’re aware of the talk of a “community edition” and have also read that the Omniverse platform and “some of the base functionality” will remain free for individual artists. While I can see some benefit to this for an individual a collaboration platform with one person and limited features seems awful sad really at the end of the day and wouldn’t really apply to our use-case anyway.

Nvidia you are ahead of the pack and have built something remarkable on top of Pixar’s work. Nothing short of a paradigm shift really which has the potential to revolutionize 3D creation, simulation and visualization workflows. Please don’t squeeze out the little guys bringing grass-roots innovation and vibrancy to the platform. Is the intention to build a world-changing, inclusive and ubiquitous 3D ecosystem or just milk everyone for as much as you can before the rest of the world catches up?

Nothing personal by the way (: Quite the opposite I’ve been happily developing code for Nvidia hardware for over 20 years. From the information released so far it’s looking like we might just move along, wait for an open alternative and leave this one to the car giants though.

Ben

1 Like

Myself as well, also looking for more info on educational pricing (I teach at a local university) but if educational is anything like enterprise, I guess we can forget it.

However I just want to echo what Ben said, this is really an amazing new platform that builds on so much of our common historical foundations [i.e.Pixar tech] and it would be a shame to see at all just go to waste without valuable input & action from universities, smaller startups/studios, and basically anyone who can’t afford $25K.

Thanks for the feedback - The pricing mentioned here isn’t final, so please standby.
We will be providing clarity and more flexible pricing later this coming week. Our goal is to have a flexible model for small shops - I think your concerns will be addressed.

• NVIDIA Omniverse platform, now in open beta, will always be free for individuals to create.
  • NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise is a new platform offering that helps businesses of any size transform their 3D production workflows. NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise is an end-to-end remote collaboration and true-to-reality simulation platform, optimized and certified by NVIDIA to run on NVIDIA-Certified Systems.

Richard
GM Omniverse

1 Like

Thanks Richard, always good to get some mothership feedback here in the forums.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response and that’s really great to hear. We will await the updated pricing structure and very much hope to get going from there.

And apologies if I went in a little hard before it was mostly borne out of disappointment as Omniverse is such a good fit for our use case and we’re keen to get started.

Ben

Hi Ben,

No worries at all. We’re listening to all feedback, passive & passionate :-)

More to come!

@rkerris1 After a few months I wanted to follow up and see if this pricing option concerns have been addressed.

1)Any special pricing for small studios (Perhaps 6 or less users)?

2)Special Education pricing?

3)A link or info you can include below that clarifies what makes up the “limited functionality” for single artists/users using the Omniverse. Something that will be helpful for most in determining if they want to shift their workflow and learn Omni verse or not.

Excited about this platform. Many just need to know if is going to be a option. Thank you!

Hi Ben,

Yes, we have been listening and have some refinements coming to make it easy and more affordable for small shops & educational. Regarding the ‘limited functionality’ - Omniverse for Individuals is Omniverse. There is a limit on real-time multi user collaboration, but as an individual creator you can use the features of the platform and connect to the existing workflows you already use and do so without having to export/import between apps. Plus you get access to the technology on the platform like Physics and real-time rendering.

The goal of Omniverse is to extend & enhance what creators and designers are doing today.

We’ll post more here soon. Be sure to join us next week for Siggraph! Especially our first user group meeting on Thursday!

Meanwhile, I would be happy to speak live with you (post Siggraph) - email me at rkerris@nvidia.com

Thx,

Richard

1 Like

Hello, I join in the discussion: the price worries me just as much, yes the Epic Games-style on-the-fly licensing is a good way. How do you want very small structures to help deploy the multiverse with € 25,000 / year?

Hi Devhci,

That pricing model is not correct. We have a much easier and more affordable model that should work well for small shops and big ones as well. We will be going into the details later this week at Siggraph, but small shops can get into using Omniverse for less than 10K a year, bringing the power of the platform to enhance and extend your current workflows.

Omniverse is a platform, one that can be developed on, extended and customized for whatever type of work you’re doing. Existing products connect to Omniverse and allows for NVIDIA technologies of AI, Physics, real-time rendering and so much more. We believe these things will help small shops be able to do more and for large shops to be able to customize it right into their existing pipelines.

Thanks for the feedback - we’re listening and looking forward to connecting more.

Hope to virtually see you at the Omniverse User Group meeting this Thursday during Siggraph!

Richard

1 Like

Thank you for these details, I intend to use Omniverse to create universes for B2B destination, but if the sums are this high, I will think twice. Yes, I have reserved my place for a long time

Hello,

I need some support about subscriptions:
We are a small company with 4 guys working with 3dsmax/Blender/Unreal and we would like to speed up collaboration by using Omniverse.
We would only use the connectors to quickly synchronize 3d-data across the mentioned tools.
We would not need any Omniverse Kit/Create apps.
Would it be possible to buy four “Omniverse Enterprise Nucleus Subscriptions” only?:

Hello @schonart! Thanks for your interest in an Enterprise subscription! We have several options available for you and your small studio. I suggest that you contact us here: Contact NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise Representatives so that they can help you identify your needs and get you a subscription rate that is workable for you.