Problem with xavier port B cameras

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

There is a problem with the Port B camera interface. We normally have 3 AR0231 cameras connected to it, but the problem happens even if using one AR0231 camera. The problem only happens when trying to access the camera from Tegra A, it works fine if camera is accessed from Tegra B. I suspect there is a hardware problem between the deserializer and tegra A.

The board was working fine for about a year on our test vehicle until this week, then the camera interface suddenly stopped working.

Error log:

$ ./nvsipl_camera -c SF3325_DPHY_x2 --link-enable-masks '0x0000 0x0001 0x0000 0x0000'
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMCameraModuleInfo.cpp : 76: ParseJson: Could not find matching serializer
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMDeviceInfoList.cpp : 100: GetCustomCameraModule: Failed to find matching module MAX96712TPG
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMDeviceBlockInfo.cpp : 156: ParseJson: Failed to find matching camera module
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMPlatformCfgInfo.cpp : 50: ParseJson: CNvMPlatformCfgInfo::ParseJson failed.
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMQuery.cpp : 45: ParsePlatformConfig: Failed to parse a PlatformCfg
nvmedia isc: GetCameraPowerControlLevel: 936: Camera power control library: NVCCP
nvmedia: ERROR: MAX96712: Register 0x000D I2C read failed with status 7
libnvsipl_devblk.so: CNvMMax96712.cpp: 140: Init: MAX96712CheckPresence failed! with NvMedia error: 7
libnvsipl_devblk.so: CNvMDeviceBlock.cpp: 171: Init: Deserializer init failed failed! with error: 7f
libnvsipl.so: CNvMDeviceBlockMgr.hpp: 90: ThreadFunc: ThreadCreate failed. (7f)
libnvsipl.so: CNvMDeviceBlockMgr.cpp: 83: Init: Failed to initialize device block:0
libnvsipl.so: CNvMCamera.cpp: 169: Init: CNvMCamera::Init failed! with error: 7f
nvsipl_camera: ERROR: Master initialization failed. status: 127

libnvsipl_devblk.so: CNvMDeviceBlock.cpp: 226: Stop: CNvMDeviceBlock has not been started
libnvsipl.so: CNvMDeviceBlockMgr.cpp: 132: Stop: Deviceblock fails to stop
libnvsipl.so: CNvMCamera.cpp: 259: Stop: m_upDeviceBlockMgr fails to stop

Hi @gordon1zrra ,

Please also share the working log of running the same command on Tegra B.

Has this board ever been upgraded to DRIVE OS 5.2.0? Could you provide output of running “version” command in Aurix console. Thanks.

Hi,

This board has not been upgraded to Drive 5.2. It’s been running Drive 5.1.6.1 for over a year.

Here is log when running on Tegra B

$ ./nvsipl_camera -c SF3325_DPHY_x2 --link-enable-masks '0x0000 0x0001 0x0000 0x0000'
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMCameraModuleInfo.cpp : 76: ParseJson: Could not find matching serializer
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMDeviceInfoList.cpp : 100: GetCustomCameraModule: Failed to find matching module MAX96712TPG
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMDeviceBlockInfo.cpp : 156: ParseJson: Failed to find matching camera module
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMPlatformCfgInfo.cpp : 50: ParseJson: CNvMPlatformCfgInfo::ParseJson failed.
libnvsipl_query.so: CNvMQuery.cpp : 45: ParsePlatformConfig: Failed to parse a PlatformCfg
nvmedia isc: GetCameraPowerControlLevel: 936: Camera power control library: NVCCP
MAX96712: Revision 2 detected
MAX96712: Enable periodic AEQ on Link 0
MAX96705: Pre-emphasis set to 0xaa
Sensor AR0231 RCCB Rev7 detected!
MAX96705: Revision 1 detected!
Enter 'q' to quit the application
-
q

Here is aurix log

Shell>version

DDPX Aurix Serial Console
E3550-B03
with TLF35584 B/C-Step
UPDATE SW Version  1.29.10
DRIVE-v5.1.x-E3550-NV-Aurix-UPDATE-StepA-1.29.10
TC397 Step A

I just want to double confirm that running the same command on Xavier A with the same hw setup used to work well (without the max96712 I2C read issue), right?

nvmedia: ERROR: MAX96712: Register 0x000D I2C read failed with status 7

Yes, it used to work.

Also note, ports A, C, D are working OK from tegra A and B so I don’t think it could be software issue.

Has the system been used in a vehicle?

yes

I’ll check with internal team and get back to you. Thanks.

Please check “Camera Interface Module (CIM) connector resulting from a
non-optimized manufacturing process” erratum in DRIVE AGX Developer Kit Hardware Errata.
If according to part-number/label your devkit is affected by the issue, you can contact NV-DRIVE-Service@nvidia.com.
Thanks.

Hi Vick,

Thanks for the update. I will send email to the address.