problems installing the DeepRL Tutorials on Jetpack 4.2.2 on Tx2

Quick question…i am following along with the instructions from https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-reinforcement
to install the project on the jetson tx2. However the installation doesn’t complete, instead it keeps ended with errors.
Does anyone know if it only runs on a certain version of linux? I installed the latest one 18.04 and its not working? Any insight would be much appreciated. Also i am using jetpack 4.2.2 Does the project only work on jetpack 3.3?

Thanks

Hi camransyed, the RL code from that is using PyTorch v0.3.0 and Gazebo7, and needs JetPack 3.3 - sorry about that.

Thanks Dusty! Where can i get information with regards to downgrading from Jetpack 4.2 to 3.3?

If you download NVIDIA SDK Manager to your host PC, you can re-flash your TX2 with JetPack 3.3.1. On the “Step 01” screen, click the … at the bottom right of the “Target Operating System” box, then click “show all versions”, and you will be able to select JetPack 3.3.1.

hi Dusty! I followed your advice and re-flashed to jetpack3.3.1.

However upon the “make” step in your instructions ( https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-reinforcement)

I get this error:

ubuntu@jetson-0420219087068:~/RoboND-DeepRL-Project/build$ make
[ 38%] Built target jetson-utils
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/jetson-reinforcement.dir/c/rlAgent.cpp.o
In file included from /home/ubuntu/RoboND-DeepRL-Project/c/rlAgent.cpp:6:0:
/home/ubuntu/RoboND-DeepRL-Project/c/pyTorch.h:14:19: fatal error: TH/TH.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
CMakeFiles/jetson-reinforcement.dir/build.make:227: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/jetson-reinforcement.dir/c/rlAgent.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/jetson-reinforcement.dir/c/rlAgent.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/jetson-reinforcement.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/jetson-reinforcement.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems that there is a problem with pytorch? What might be the fix?