(ROS2) Need help with completing the Action Graph for my Turtlebot and launching the Turtlebot3 Navigation2 launch file!

Hello.

ROS2 Newbie here so please bear with me if this question is elementary.

I am currently trying to get a turtlebot3 (burger model) to navigate around a warehouse floor on Isaac Sim but I keep running into the same error message on Rviz.

I have created an occupancy map with the “Isaac Utils>Occupancy Map” extension and saved both the png file and the yaml file. And then launched the turtlebot3_navigation launch file with the following command:

$ ros2 launch turtlebot3_navigation2 navigation2.launch.py use_sim_time:=true map:=warehouse_turtlebot_nav2.yaml

whenever I do this I keep getting the same error message that says: “Frame [map] does not exist”

I feel like the Action Graph that I have put together for the turtlebot is causing the problem, especially the transform nodes (since I am not so confident about it).
I currently have 1 transform tree node that has the following relationships and I feel like something is missing.

Can anyone share their Action Graph for a working turtlebot navigation scenario??
I have been stuck on trying to get this turtlebot to navigate for the past couple of days and any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Also if you think theres something else other than the Action Graph that you think is causing this error, please feel free to point it out and let me know!)

Thanks!

Hi @jaeyeun - Have you referred to this document? 2. Drive TurtleBot via ROS2 messages — Omniverse Robotics documentation

yes. ofcourse.
The tutorial on how to put together the OmniGraph for Navigation is not really that much helpful.

Hi @jaeyeun , the Navigation sample contains the Carter robot with all the required ROS2 omnigraph Nodes. In the Image you have shared above, it seems the transforms between the links of the robot is not being published. You should verify if the ROS2PublishTransformTree and ROS2PublishRawTransformTree are set up correctly for your robot in simulation.

1 Like