ROS2 point cloud publisher is not working

Hi,

I would like to generate frustum lidar using ROS2 Camera Helper node with ‘depth_pcl’ type as below:

However, following error is occurred when start simulation and SDGPipline is not generated.

2022-12-26 02:32:10 [Error] [omni.isaac.core_nodes.impl.extension] Could not process writer attach request (True, <omni.replicator.core.scripts.writers.NodeWriter object at 0x7f5bacf17650>, ‘/Render/RenderProduct_omni_kit_widget_viewport_ViewportTexture_2’), Tried to create a node in a path without a graph - ‘/Render/PostProcess/SDGPipeline/RenderProduct_omni_kit_widget_viewport_ViewportTexture_2_NodeWriterWriter’

Host PC:

• Ubuntu 22.04
  • ROS2 Humble
  • Isaac Sim 2022.2.0 with ros2_bridge extension
  • Nvidia Graphic Driver 525.60.11
3 Likes

I have the same error when I using ROS2 Camera Helper node for rgb image. I’m flowing step by step from ISAAC ROS2 Camaras tutorial(2. ROS2 Cameras — Omniverse Robotics documentation).

Environment:

Any updates regarding this issue?

Bump this is critical

I run into the same issue. I realized that it is related to the pipeline that CameraHelpers creates to publish images. The pipeline is created and saved. A workaround to get the scene back to work is to save it as a USDA, open it with a text editor, find the line containing the string “SDGPipeline”. It will look something like this:

over “Render” (
hide_in_stage_window = true
)
{
over “PostProcess”
{
over “SDGPipeline”
{
over “RenderProduct_omni_kit_widget_viewport_ViewportTexture_1_NodeWriterWriter”
{
custom token inputs:encoding (
allowedTokens = [“rgb8”, “rgba8”, “32FC1”, “32SC1”]
)
}
}
}
}

Then, if you remove everything inside the “Render” and save it, the scene works again.

over “Render” (
hide_in_stage_window = true
)
{
}

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue in ROS1,isaac sim2022.2.0. it worked,Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.