RTS5411 USB root hub DSP1_PWR not enabled

Dear,

We customized the carry board of Jetson nano and found an issue with USB 3.0 hub, VDD_USB_VBUSTYPEA
is not on through U21 load switch, since the EN of load switch is controlled from RTS5411 root hub (DSP1_PWR
pin).

I’m wondering what could be the possible reason that makes that the DSP1_PWR not on when the system is powered on.

As I know that by default RTS5411 is active low, in Jetson Nano’s case, it seems it’s configured as active_high, but the SPI port is not connected, is it configured through I2C?
Could it be some issue with the I2C route design that makes the configuration failed?

Thanks a head.

Hello,

I just checked the schematic design, and it mentioned that Realtek tool is needed to to update RTS5411 efuse to make DSPx_PWR high active, any more information for how to do this and where to get the tool?

Also, any suggestions for how to handle this for mass production? Thanks!

Hi, did you meet any issue? The devkit itself is just for development.

If customer wants to make a custom carrier board, he should follow OEM DG and reference schematic. If customer takes same USB hub design as devkit, he should check with hub vendor for the tool or other things.

Hi Trumany,

We customized the curry board for our application purpose with reference to the schematics of B01, on the reference schematic also RTS5411 is used as the Root hub, we have started also to discuss with the vendor for the tool and configuration.

On the other hand, any design reference if we decide to change the root hub? Do we need to modify the kernel driver and device tree? thanks!

Hi,
On devkit, usb2-1 and usb3-0 are paired to connect to the embedded hub. If you don’t change these, you should not need to modify device tree.
You would need to port kernel driver of the new hub.

Hi,
I have the same issue here.
Followed the OEM DG and contacted Realtek and received absolutely no reply! (over 2 weeks past)
Can not find any information about Realtek Tool to change the required registers in the RTS5411:

Power enables (DPS1/2/3/4_PWR) set to be active high
Charging feature disabled
SSC valid
Anybody have any information please share it how and what to do with the RTS5411 to work properly.
(Found supplier, but they not able to customize the RTS5411 HUB IC)
Thank you,
Laszlo

Hi,
Since we are not vendor of the hub, may not be able to suggest next.
The carrier board design files are public:
Jetson Nano Developer Kit Carrier Board Design Files (P3449 B01) (nvidia.com)

The issue might be from deviation of the two boards. You can refer to the files for comparison.

Hi DaneLLL,

We found it’s really not easy to get support from Realtek through our supplier chain, and we found that the eFuse is not only impact the DPS1/2/3/4_PWR low/high active setting, also the “changing feature, SSC” are impacted. In our application, we also met other issues with this hub:“USB3.0 streaming could be interrupted by other HID devices.”

We just realized that on the devkit board(A01), there is a SPI flash instead of the internal eFuse on RTS5411, could you kindly share the information of the SPI flash configuration and design reference? We are considering if we can reference the design here.

Thanks!