I’d like to have some moving objects in a scene to evaluate the robots reaction to them. Therefore it would be great to have a way of scripting a trajectory, ideally combined with a animated person. The animated part shouldn’t be a problem with the help of Omniverse, the Reallusion character samples look very promising. The problem is, that when i create a collider for them, it is created in the characters T-Pose and not moving with him. The moving collider is needed for the LiDAR-Scanner.
I’m using Isaac Sim version 2021.1.1, regarding the extensions I’m not quite sure.
In Isaac Sim there are no extensions available under the “Animation” category, in Create 2021.3.6 the SkelJoint extension v102.2.1 is available. Please find Screenshots from both programs below.
Additionally I noticed that i can’t view the skeleton in Isaac Sim. When i activate the visualization under “show by type” I’m only getting two warning messages:
2021-11-09 11:46:48 [Warning] [omni.client.plugin] Main: usd_plugin: Unhandled ProcessPropertyChange callback for cachePath </World/Worker/ManRoot/Worker/Worker/Animation> in UsdSkelImagingSkelAdapter.
2021-11-09 11:46:48 [Warning] [omni.usd] Warning: in ProcessPropertyChange at line 519 of /buildAgent/work/ca6c508eae419cf8/USD/pxr/usdImaging/usdSkelImaging/skeletonAdapter.cpp -- Unhandled ProcessPropertyChange callback for cachePath </World/Worker/ManRoot/Worker/Worker/Animation> in UsdSkelImagingSkelAdapter.
However my initial request remains unsolved. As you can see in the screenshot, the collider for the Worker is still in its static T-pose.
I would really appreciate it to have a moving collider for the worker and also - like mentioned in the first post - to have a way to script trajectories.
Hi @rthaker. Sorry for being so late answering this.
dynamic meshes I still get the error that physix currently does not support time sampled points meshes and therefor do not work with normal lidar, nor collisions.
“flying” objects gets now detected by lidar (normal) if animated through a curve editor
RTX lidar I’m currently testing. I had some issues but will sort them out. (example is running so I guess it’s something I’m doing wrong)
Also, I got UsdToMdl: Reached invalid assignment for parameter 'opacity_constant'. Tried to assign a 'int'(USD) to a 'float'(MDL). loading an old USD scene. It should be straightforward to solve this on your side.