Shader debugging in GLSL

Hello,
I am trying to debug GLSL shaders using Night 4.2 with Visual Studio 2012. I unable to see a shader list or set break points. Is there something that I need to do?

I am running Geforce 750 Ti on Windows 7 64 bit.

Hi,

Geforce GTX 750 Ti should be GM107 GPU, which is Maxwell GPU. Unfortunately, Nsight don’t support Maxwell GPU’s shader debug. That’s why you get this. The only solution here is use some other GPU, like Kepler and Fermi. Of course we will support Maxwell GPU’s shader debug in future.

Thanks
An

Hi,

I also have the same issue but I am using a Geforce GTX 760 (340.43) which looks to be a GK104 and therefore I assume Kepler?

I can find the current shaders through the API Inspector and view the source but it is read only.
The shader list is empty.

I am using Nsight 4.5.

Hi devzoneforumaccount,

It looks like your display driver is too old, please update your driver. I have a GK104 also, and I’m using 344.* driver. It works smoothly with samples on Nsight.

Thanks
An

Hi An,

I have upgraded to 347.09 and the issue still occurs.

Hi,

That’s weird, are you using some remote control software to check your desktop? I remember that if you use vnc’s hook display driver, that may bring Shader List empty some time ago.

Thanks
An