Synthetic depth generation Create / Machinima

Hi, I tried many different approaches but I wasn’t able to find a way to integrate the synthetic data generation within Omniverse CREATE/Machinima. Is it possible by doing some black magic or the only option is to export everything and open it in isaacSim?

Hello @eliabntt94! I am looking into your question and I hope to get back to you soon. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Actually I brutally merged the launch configuration of create and IsaacSim creating a big monster and that worked as a workaround (some error here and there but gets the work done)🤣 but maybe there’s some more elegant way. I noticed he synthetic data generation code is also in the “Kit” module but wasn’t able to reference it.

Here is what I was able to find out so far:
Our Synthetic Data Generation tools are available in IsaacSim, DriveSim, and Kaolin. Once the data has been generated, the USD files should be able to be opened in any Kit based App. However, I was not able to find any tutorials or documentation on how to do this elegantly. I’ve reached out to the dev team to help us out with this.

I was also told that we will be announcing something exciting about this subject at our GTC Keynote.

Hi @WendyGram thanks for your fast response. I appreciate that, especially since I’m planning to use your product for my next PhD project. I think this would be a great addition to the system since it would be easier to generate useful data. The fact is that the sequencer for camera/prim animation is available only in Machinima/Create in Windows but does not work in Create Linux, while the sequencer is essentially available only in IsaacSim.

It would be nice to have the possibility to enable additional components as plugins in general, but the data generation and the sequencer are probably the most important.

Hi eliabntt94,

In theory you should be able to use Synthetic Data generation in Create by enabling the related extensions. but these extensions so far have not been tested in windows since Isaac Sim is linux only.
We are in process of testing and QAing this, and fixing the bugs. Hopefully in a month from now you should be able to to do that.
Please let us know if you have more questions on this
Kindly,
Liila

I’ll re-check tomorrow but it wasn’t showing up in the list. Probably because it’s under omni.isaac. thanks anyway for the heads up👍