I have a tx2-4GB module (working fine when connected to the original evaluation module), but it does not start when I connected it to my carrier module and power the system.
I think that the power-on voltage sequence could be not corrected, to check it I connected the reset_out and vin_pwr_bad to 2 pins of a raspeberry module.
Please note that the carrier is populated with jetson connector and 3.3V dc-dc converter only. The 1.8V is generated dividind the 3.3V of raspberry IO pin by 2 (resistor divider)
In this environment I simulated the sequence of power_out and vin_pwr_bad signals using a program on raspberry.
The step I followed are:
- reset_out and vin_pwr_bad at 0 level
- power on asserted 12Vdc
- reset_out maintained low, vin_pwr_bad set high
- set reset_out=1, vin_pwr_bad=1;
Under this condition
the reset_in signal is always low and the reset_out is low also (also when I set it to 3.3V to the resistor divider)
The sequence is handled pressing a key on the keyboard to go ahead (avoiding any possible timing probelm).
- the power consumption is about 0.6A on 12V
- I noted that if I power-on the system in short time after the power-off the consumption passes to 0.4A, if I waiting for long time (1 min) and than power-on the current return to 0.6A
thank you in advance