Ubuntu doesn't detect my second HDMI display

Hi
I have the same issue. I’ve read tons of posts and tried tons of suggested fixed and nothing works. I’m running Ubuntu 20.10 and it recognizes my second monitor, it just won’t use it. I would really appreciate any help.

Hi, i have an issue with HDMI, when I install Ubuntu 18.04. it does not detect HDMI, after I update additional driver. I select 460.
currently, i only display HDMI and not detect the default laptop monitor
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (1.1 MB)

If nothing is working for you just go to the BIOS settings and disable secure boot I can’t believe it that it work I have tried all the above method install nvidia graphics and all that stuff. But none of them worked just disable the secure boot and it will work fine.

I had the same issue (2nd monitor not detected after updates) on my linux (Ububtu 20.04) machine with nvidia installed and tried almost every suggestions listed above.
After a few waste of hours, I found a solution to my case.

First, run the command below.
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

If you see any message saying that “the following packages have unmet requirements… E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.”

Then, run the command below

sudo apt install libnvidia-common-470

Then, run the command below again.

sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

If you don’t see any part of above message, then reboot your computer.
It will detect your second monitor.

It worked for me.

I’ve also been having similar issues of not being able to connect to multiple monitors. And, because I have the AMD/Nvidia hybrid combo, I thought I’d take your advice and
$ sudo prime-select nvidia and reboot

Instead I’m getting a possible missing firmware:
/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw and
/rtl_nic/rtl8168fp-3.fw

I’ve tried extracting it from this git repository, but it keeps failing: rtl_nic - kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git - Repository of firmware blobs for use with the Linux kernel

What should I do? I’m really stumped… Any help would be much appreciated.

Nvidia bug report as of today:
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (111.9 KB)

Hello all,
I have opposite problem. My external monitor works, but laptop’s one does not. My log is attached. Will appreciate any help, folks! nvidia-bug-report.log (304.6 KB)