Unable to get a number of Jetson Nano 2GB booted using official iso image specific to 2GB version?

Hi,

Recently we received a shipment of a dozen Jetson Nano 2GBs for teaching AI and robotics in class.

However, for the past couple of days, I have tried to boot these jetson boards up using the official ISO images specific to Jetson Nano 2GB models but no version seems to work. No matter which version ISO we used (4.4. to 4.6.1) they all freeze on the Nvidia Logo with a white background. I looked for a solution which seems to state that I am using the wrong ISO image. However, that cannot be so since I made sure I downloaded the 2GB version’s iso image.

I have used a 5v 2 amps powersupply which is known to work perfectly with other jetson boards (tested with a 4GB Nano model at full load) and two brand new 64GB Sandisk SD cards.

Is there a link to an iso image that is known to work with 2GB Nano models?

Thank you for your time.

With best regards,
Azmyin

Hi @azmyin12, since you have already double-checked that you are booting the correct SD card image, I wonder if you could try a different monitor? Maybe your boards are in fact booting, and it is just having a problem displaying (after the boot logo is typically when it begins initializing the desktop)

Another option is to attach to the debug serial console:

https://jetsonhacks.com/2019/04/19/jetson-nano-serial-console/
https://jetsonhacks.com/2019/08/21/jetson-nano-headless-setup/
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r34.1/DeveloperGuide/text/SD/FlashingSupport.html#headless-mode-flow-in-oem-config

This should let you see output from the board even if there is something going on with the display.

1 Like

Acknowledged, trying out these methods now.

Azmyin

@dusty_nv sorry for the delay, here is the output from one of the jetson nano 2gb connected over a serial cable to a Ubuntu 18.04 host machine.

Any clue as to the issue here, the CPU seems to be stuck on an infinite reset loop.

With best,
Azmyin
jetson_nano_2gb_serial_out.txt (29.5 KB)

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

Please flash it with sdkmanager instead of using sdcard image.

@WayneWWW So sorry for the delay. What parameters do you suggest we set in the sdkmanager?

With best,
Azmyin

No not yet, will update here as soon as I am able to do so

Hi,

You can flash any jetpack version >=4.5.1 with sdkmanager. After that, your sdcard image will work.

Hi @WayneWWW,

Thank you very much for suggesting the sdkmanager route. I got the nano 2gb to successfully boot after burning an image with the SDKManager. I have an observation in this regard

** The instruction on the SDKManager screen to put a “Nano 2gb Developer Kit” into Force recovery mode is incorrect.

It should not be Pins 9 and 10 on J12 but the FC REC and GND pin located under the compute module.

I hope this helps somebody.

With best regards,
Azmyin

Hi azmyin12, Can you pls show me where the FC REC and GND pin are located under the compute module? on the schematic. Even I have an issue with putting my jetson nano in recovery mode with Pins 9 and 10 on J12 and flashing using sdkmanager.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.