Unable to install Omniverse Launcher "Failed to get Documents Path"

As the title says, I am having trouble installing Omniverse. When downloading and opening the launcher it gives me the error “Failed to get documents path”.

I have tried deleting every instance of Omniverse from my computer, and I have used the Nvidia cleanup tool to no avail. Here is the log generated:

[2023-02-22 18:24:01.098] [info] Omniverse Launcher 1.8.2 (production)
[2023-02-22 18:24:01.101] [info] Argv: C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\NVIDIA Omniverse Launcher.exe
[2023-02-22 18:24:01.101] [info] Crash dumps directory: C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Roaming\omniverse-launcher\Crashpad
[2023-02-22 18:24:01.103] [error] Error: Failed to get ‘documents’ path
at get extensionPath [as extensionPath] (C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\resources\app.asar\dist\main.js:409:249880)
at new ie (C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\resources\app.asar\dist\main.js:409:250992)
at Object.reset (C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\resources\app.asar\dist\main.js:409:429501)
at Object.initializeApps (C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\resources\app.asar\dist\main.js:409:429240)
at C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\resources\app.asar\dist\main.js:409:493201
at App. (C:\Users\kaede\AppData\Local\Programs\omniverse-launcher\resources\app.asar\dist\main.js:409:498298)
at App.emit (node:events:527:28)

Thanks in advance!

does the issue persist on your end or were you able to figure out workaround?

To circle back as I was trying to help another user with the same issue on the OV Discord, he was able to figure out the issue. Turns out it’s related to OneDrive. Here’s his solution -

It was really the Documents path is not exist due to “OneDrive”. The Document folder’s location was set to “C:\<user_name>\OneDrive\Documents” instead of “C:\<user_name>\Documents”. Also I disable OneDrive and changed Desktop location from OneDrive but not all thing.

First I tried to change it through property but it refused. So, I changed it using Regedit.exe. Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User SHeel Folders” and remove \OnDrive\ and front abosolutepath and re-matching it like “%USERPROFILE%+\Docunemts”. After this change, I could change the location of documents and Pictures. Then I re-installed Omniverse Launcher to confirm it works.

My Guess is that installing Window with Microsoft Account makes onedrive active and it changes path of some under directory to OneDrive.

There may be some typos in there, but hope this helps.