Whats the best way to report (documentation) errors?

Hey guys,

found a small error in the documentation:

• 0 means that the camera will maintain a fixed offset (local_transform.p) from the rigid body, but will not rotate with the body.
  • 1 means that the camera will maintain a fixed offset and also rotate with the body.

should be

• 1 means that the camera will maintain a fixed offset (local_transform.p) from the rigid body, but will not rotate with the body.
  • 0 means that the camera will maintain a fixed offset and also rotate with the body.

for the ‘attach_camera_to_body’ call.

Also, possibly something else: If I set the z axis to be up and scroll using the mouse/change the viewing angle with the mouse wheel pressed, the viewer resets to another position. If I translate the viewer before I scroll (right mouse button), the viewer doesn’t ‘jump’. You can check and reproduce it using the test_graphics_up.py example.

All the best,
Julian

Hi @juliank

This is a good place to report this kind of documentation problem - we’re on this one!

Take care,
-Gav

Cool!

About the viewer/camera_sensor: I am pretty sure there is a bug in the code related to the z-axis up and transformations (for vision sensors/viewer). Of course I could be wrong or just missing something in my code. Attaching a vision sensor to my pan tilt head works fine with y-axis up, if I change it to z-axis up the viewer (as described in my initial post) as well as the vision sensor attached to the pan tilt head behaves super strange.

1 Like

Hi @juliank,

Can you provide some more details about the strange behaviour of the attached vision sensor? We’ve found and fixed 1 issue with z-up camera sensors, it’ll go into the next Isaac Gym update. I’d like to run the fix on as many test cases as possible to be sure that there are no more z-up axis issues left behind.