Where has the Isaac Gym download link gone?

It’s 2024/06/03 today. When I visit Isaac Gym - Preview Release | NVIDIA Developer it says “Isaac Gym - Now Deprecated”, but “Developers may download and continue to use it”. So where can I download it?

6 Likes

I was also going to start working on a new project and saw that IsaacGym in deprecated. I would also like to know if the alternative mentioned, IsaacLab is similar to IsaacGym and if IsaacGymEnvs will still work with it?

I could not believe that nvidia would silently remove the download link, but apparently that’s what they did.
This is terrible for many research paper authors and the research community in general. Many works use IsaacGym and now their results cannot be reproduced anymore.
Given the nature of research, it is highly unlikely that these existing works will be migrated to IsaacLab, which seems to pose a considerable effort.
Also, it puts the successor IsaacLab in a really bad light if you need to force users to pick it up by silently and suddenly refusing access to the legacy software.

I strongly urge the nvidia team to reconsider and make IsaacGym available again.

1 Like

Same Exp…, want to know where i could find the link…

The download link for Isaac Gym was accidentally removed. We are working on a fix to restore the link shortly.
In the meantime, we encourage you to start transitioning to Isaac Lab. You can find a detailed migration tutorial here:
Migrating from IsaacGymEnvs and Isaac Gym Preview Release — Isaac Lab documentation

Please note that going forward, we will not be updating or providing any support for Isaac Gym. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition.

And it seems that the document link is invalid now. Although the software will not upgrade, please offer the basic documents including the API and tutorial at least, it is important to all the developer using the software. Thank you.

@1298745535
Since the original issue of the Isaac Gym download link seems to have been addressed, I would recommend creating a new topic with the specific details of the issue you are facing. Please provide the link to the webpage where you expected to find the Isaac Gym document, but it is no longer available.