Xavier NX wifi on SDIO/USB

Hi!
We have a custom carrier board for Xavier NX. The M2 key E slot for wifi module has only SDIO and USB (no PCIe) routed from the SODIMM due to design and routing constraints. We are trying to make the Intel 8265NGW wifi work on this slot. We were hoping that the wifi will work without PCI on one of the two interfaces:

1. USB : This is a standard USB 2.0 routing to the SODIMM 260. We see that the board detects rndis0 interface but it shows it as having “no wireless extension”. The result of iwconfig also shows no wireless enabled interface. What drivers/hardware are we missing here to make the Intel 8265 wifi module work on the USB port, if it is possible in the first place?
  2. SDIO : Some of the Jetson users were able to have wifi devices working on SDIO interface on M2 key E slot. I followed a solution on the forums and made the following changes to the device tree node:
    sdhci@3440000 {
    #address-cells = <1>;
    #size-cells = <0>;
    non-removable;
    force-non-removable-rescan;
    no-sd;
    max-clk-limit = <25000000>;
    only-1-8-v;
    status = “okay”;
    brcmf: brcmf@0 {
    reg = <0>;
    compatible = “brcm,bcm4329-fmac”;
    };
    };
    But the wifi still doesn’t work. The solution also suggests using cypress wifi drivers but since we have the Intel module I don’t know how it will work. Besides the device tree changes what else we can check to make this particular Intel wifi module work on SDIO?

Thanks.

Hi,

1. NV does not verify SDIO wifi on NX. Thus, I can only share experience from other users.
  1. You may already checked this page. Since you are using Intel card, I would suggest you can check if their card supports SDIO interface first. If they do, then please check with them if they can share the spec and any DT sample.