AR0231 camera connection

Dear all,

I am trying to collect at least 12 cameras in a Drive PX2(Driveworks recorder), and the cameras are sf33245+sf33252+sf3326*4, is that possible?
NVIDIA engineer told me that one channel, like ‘ab’, has to be connected in the same kind of module, which means sf3324 need 2 channels, sf3326 and sf3325 need 2 channels, so we need 4 channels at least. But PX2 just has three channels.
I tried to connect different modules in one channel, and it works, but not stable enough.

Which version of Driveworks is the most stable version for recording camera data? especially multiple channels?
I am using the firmware version is 5.0.5.0, there are many problems. The video’s color is not full enough.

Thanks all.

Dear mrsunwen,

Yes, it is currently not possible to intermix cameras of different types on the same CSI port.
Could you please update to 5.0.10.3 PDK and 1.2.400 DriveWorks SDK?

And please refer to “Image Signal Processing (ISP)” for image quality and “How to achieve the maximum USB 3.0 write throughput for data acquisition” for camera recording? Thanks.

Dear Steve,

You mean that the newest version doesn’t have the problem?

I know the Drive-1.0 firmware, is that possible for Drive PX2? How could I update my firmware?

Thank you sh much!

Dear mrsunwen,

I am trying to collect at least 12 cameras in a Drive PX2(Driveworks recorder), and the cameras are sf33245+sf33252+sf3326*4, is that possible?
NVIDIA engineer told me that one channel, like ‘ab’, has to be connected in the same kind of module, which means sf3324 need 2 channels, sf3326 and sf3325 need 2 channels, so we need 4 channels at least. But PX2 just has three channels.
→ Let me clarify. It is currently not possible to intermix cameras of different types on the same CSI port

Could you please refer to the following link for DPX2 PDK and SDK updating?