Capture from CSI-E and CSI-F at the same time

Hi,

I’m working on a camera driver (JP4.2.2) allowing up to 4 cameras using 2-lanes per stream.
The following is the CSI port definition for each camera.
Cam0: CSI-A
Cam1: CSI-C
Cam2: CSI-E
Cam3: CSI-F

I was able to capture from each camera at a time. However, I’m not able to capture from Cam2 and Cam3 at the same time and I wonder if it’s possible to capture from CSI-E and CSI-F at the same time?

According to this post, CSI-E and CSI-F share the same stream:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/xavier-multiple-camera-connection-probelms/69753/2

Using above post as reference, I defined the CSI channels as below in the device-tree:

CSI-E:
Sensor_out (port-index= 4) --> CSI_in (port-index= 4) --> CSI_out (port-index= 4) --> VI_in (port-index= 4)

CSI-F:
Sensor_out (port-index= 5) --> CSI_in (port-index= 5) --> CSI_out (port-index= 5) --> VI_in (port-index= 4)

Is it possible capture from CSI-E and CSI-F at the same time for different streams?
If it’s possible, what am I missing?

Thanks

No for Xavier you can have CSI-E and CSI-F connect 2 sensors.

Hi ShaneCCC,

According to the image, it seems that CSI-E/F can only be used as one 2-lane port or one 4-lane port, but cannot be configured as two separate ports of 2 lanes each as CSI-A/B and CSI-C/D.

Is that correct?

In your answer you said:

you can have CSI-E and CSI-F connect 2 sensors.

Just to clarify, is it possible to capture from CSI-E and CSI-F at the same time?

Thanks,

Sorry, it’s typo of my early comment.
You can’t have CSI-E and CSI-F connect 2 sensors