Autoexposure/gain Control

Continuing the discussion from Exposure/gain control using NvSIPL :

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi Nvidia,

I have the exact same question as the other user here did. I’m looking to adjust exposure and gain through NvSIPL but have not found any details about a BAE plugin.

Can you please let me know what is needed to control exposure and gain? What function or variable needs to be set and is there any documentation for this?

Dear @william.guo,
Adjusting exposure/gain is not supported via forum. Please contact your NVIDIA representative for support on this issue if it is critical for you

As mentioned in the previous post, custom camera modules aren’t supported through the forum.
If you could please provide more information about the specific camera module you are working on, we may be able to better assist you.

Hi Vick,

I am using an Entron F008A030RM0AES on a Drive AGX Xavier

Since DRIVE OS 5.2.0, NvMedia IPP has been removed, and it is recommended to use SIPL APIs instead. Please refer to the following documents to see if they can assist you:

Hi Vick,

Thank you for the information. I’m currently trying to utilize the Nvidia ISP but having a hard time getting the information I need to get things going.

Can you let me know where I can get more details on how to do things like color correction, auto-exposure correction and distortion correction using the ISP?

This is the output I have now which I want to clean up:

Could you please share more information on why adjustments such as exposure and gain control, color correction, and auto-exposure correction are required on Entron F008A030RM0AES? Additionally, could you please elaborate on any issues you are encountering with our sample applications?

I have created my own video data capturing NVSIPL application as pictured above.

At the moment I can only display the raw data, which is why I want to be able to adjust said components of the image.

I am not concerned with the sample applications as it is not what I am using.

Color correction is an essential part of ensuring good image quality, but unfortunately, it is not supported through the forum. However, if you have any feedback on the default quality of Entron F008A030RM0AES, we would appreciate any insights you can provide to help us improve it. As mentioned earlier, an auto control plugin can be implemented for AE/AWB control. For distortion correction, it may be necessary to use other engines such as VIC or GPU to achieve better correction.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.