Autonomous UAV using Ardupilot and Onboard Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit

I’m a complete noob to the AI/ML/Robotics spaces. I’m also a beginner developing with Python. I do have a decent amount of experience building & flying small FPV quadcopters and came up with a project to get started: Build a working UAV capable of indoor (later outdoor) autonomous navigation running Ardupilot on the flight controller and using the Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit for the onboard companion computer.

After a few weeks of research and setup, here’s what I’ve assembled so far:
a. Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit
b. Intel RealSense D435i Depth Camera
c. Intel RealSense T265 Tracking Camera
d. Benewake TF02 LiDAR (Mid-range distance sensor)
e. RPLidar A1M8 360 Degree Laser Range Scanner

I already had all of the components necessary to build the drone: Flight Controller; PDB; ESCs; Motors; Telemetry; RC Transmitter & Receiver; Video Transmitter & Receiver; FPV Cameras; GPS. I haven’t found a frame yet and unsure if I’ll need to roll my own. Right now I have all of the components mounted on a plywood scaffolding until everything is connected, working together, and I have a suitable frame.

Thank you for reading this far. I’ll be grateful for any suggestions, advice, cautions, etc. I’ll be glad to respond if there are questions or requests for additional information.

Cool! You may share more details of your project at Latest Jetson & Embedded Systems/Jetson Projects topics - NVIDIA Developer Forums