Brand New Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit won't display anything with the monitor connected

I bought a brand new Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit, and I plugged keyboard, mouse, monitor and power cord for Orin. It automatically started when the power cord is connected; however, the monitor is totally blank. I switched it on and off more times but still, the monitor does not display anything. I tried two monitors and I’m pretty sure it’s not a monitor problem.

Then I followed the Initial setup in a headless configuration, using my PC and PuTTY to set Orin up. I was able to complete the process but the wireless network connection won’t be established unless I use GUI (monitor). The wired thing is, even after I set up everything, and connect Orin back to my monitor, the monitor still displays nothing!!!

I’m concerned that the graphic card might be broken for Orin and I’m planning to return it. Any thoughts?

Please reflash your Orin devkit with the latest JetPack 5.0.2 GA release.

Download NVIDIA SDK Manager

Follow the steps at Install Jetson Software with SDK Manager.

NVIDIA SDK Manager can be installed on Ubuntu 20.04 to flash your Orin devkit with JetPack 5.0.2 GA release.

Hello, thanks for the reply. But I still don’t understand: how can I reflash the Orin SDK without accessing the GUI or without a monitor? The tutorial that you shared seems also to require a GUI. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

To reflash your AGX Orin devkit, you need Ubuntu 20.04 Linux PC not a VM.
SDK manager kaycc said should be run on the Linux PC.

Got it. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Ubuntu 20.04 Linux PC right the moment. I’ll think about how to work it out. BTW, is it a common issue for Jetson Orin kit?

Not an issue, but a required working environment.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.