cannot cross compile?

Hi,

When I try to cross compile the sample code on host machine, when I type the following command:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/home/j5207/nvidia/dw_sample/cmake/Toolchain-V5L.cmake -DVIBRANTE_PDK:STRING=/home/j5207/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550/DriveSDK/drive-t186ref-linux -DVIBRANTE_PDK_FILE:STRING=/home/j5207/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550/DriveSDK/drive-t186ref-linux/lib-target/version-oss-sdk.txt ..

I have the following output:

-- Building GLFW for X11 (static)
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindX11.cmake:439 (message):
  Could not find X11
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  3rdparty/src/glfw/CMakeLists.txt:22 (find_package)
  3rdparty/src/glfw/CMakeLists.txt:107 (glfw_build_for_winsys)

Also, at first, when I just install all the required component on host machine via sdkmanager, I could not locate DriveSDK, and after I also tried to install the required target component( even though failed since no target hardware connected), I could locate the DriveSDK, but still have this error output.

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks

Dear j5207,
Please note that you need flash the board with sdkmanager to set up the required files on hostmachine for cross compilation

Hi,

Thanks for response. I’ve upgrade the OS to 5.1.6.0, and I’m again have trouble cross compile the sample code, with following error:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/usr/local/driveworks/samples/cmake/Toolchain-V5L.cmake -DVIBRANTE_PDK:STRING=/home/test/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveOS/drive-t186ref-linux -DVIBRANTE_PDK_FILE=/home/test/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveOS/drive-t186ref-linux/lib-target/version-oss-sdk.txt ..
-- VIBRANTE_PDK = /home/test/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveOS/drive-t186ref-linux
-- VIBRANTE_PDK_DEVICE = t186ref
-- VIBRANTE_PDK_BRANCH = 5.1.6.0
-- Vibrante version 5.1.6.0
-- VIBRANTE_PDK = /home/test/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveOS/drive-t186ref-linux
-- Vibrante version 5.1.6.0
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:16 (project):
  The CMAKE_C_COMPILER:

/home/test/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveOS/drive-t186ref-linux/../toolchains/tegra-4.9-nv/usr/bin/aarch64-gnu-linux/aarch64-gnu-linux-gcc

is not a full path to an existing compiler tool.

Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
  variable "CC" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path to
  the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:16 (project):
  The CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:

/home/test/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550/DriveOS/drive-t186ref-linux/../toolchains/tegra-4.9-nv/usr/bin/aarch64-gnu-linux/aarch64-gnu-linux-g++

is not a full path to an existing compiler tool.

Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
  variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path
  to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Seems the path to compiler is currupted, but I’m wondering what would be the rightful path for the compiler?

Dear j5207,
Note that Driveworks is not part of Drive OS. Did you install just Drive OS?

yes, I just use the sdkmanager with nvonline for setup the host environment.

right now I have:

DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS        DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion
DRIVE_OS_5.1.6.0_SDK_Linux_OS_E3550  DRIVE_Software_9.0_Linux_hyperion_E3550

under nvidia_sdk folder, not sure if this is enough

Dear j5207,
As I said, if you flash just Drive OS via sdkmanager, you don’t get Driveworks with it. It seems you are trying to cross compile the old DW.

Hi,
Yes, I do understand. It just seems to me that in sdkmanager, there’s only one option for flash, only with 5.1.6.0 DriveOS. Therefore, I’m wondering how could I install the compatible Driveworks?

Thanks

Hi,

is there any way for finding the compatible Driveworks?

No.