Cannot START Jetson Nano 2GB

Hi. I just bought Jetson Nano 2GB. I am new to this kind of thing.
I followed the instruction to write image. However when I go to etcher and try to flash the image downloaded from nvidia website, it says

"Something went wrong. If it is a compressed image, please check that the archive is not corrupted.

User did not grant permission"

I tried with few different SD card I have of various size, 32, 64, 128 GB… and I did format them all using the SD card formatter program suggested by nvidia website.

I don’t know what I am doing wrong. Please HELP this newbie… Thanks!

Hi @travelyoung360, is this the link you used to download the compressed image?

https://developer.nvidia.com/jetson-nano-2gb-sd-card-image

The md5sum of the compressed image (i.e. of the .zip archive) should be: 8d69c263b13a964144ff371d2c623289

You could also try extracting the .zip archive, which will uncompress the image and let you know if there are decompression errors. Etcher can flash either compressed or uncompressed images.

Hi. Thank you so much for the reply.
I have checked the md5sum and it matches. But still, I am having the same issue…Same message is given in etcher →
“Something went wrong. If it is a compressed image, please check that the archive is not corrupted.
User did not grant permission”

Would you know how I can figure this out?

Thanks!

Hmm, ok - two ideas:

1. I’m not sure what platform you are running on, but if it’s Windows, when you launch Etcher can you try ‘Run As Administrator’? When in Linux, Etcher will ask for sudo password. Do you have admin rights on your machine you are flashing from?

2. Can you try extracting the .zip archive and trying to flash the extracted .img file?

You are a STAR!
I am now flashing the sd card via “portable” balenaEtcher (because i had not figured out how to launch Etcher as Admin…but if you had not told me then i would have not gone back to the Etcher download site.)
Thanks a million! Have a great day!