Cant SSH or ping Jetson but its still connected to wifi

Hello,
I am able to SSH from my old laptop (the Jetson is connected to the laptop hotspot) but if I move over to my new laptop, I cannot connect via PuTTY or anything and I have tried pinging from laptop > jetson and jetson > laptop but both come up with connection timed out. I have already checked my firewalls and even added an inbound and outbound rule for port 22 but nothing is working. Its really fustrating because if I cant SSH into the Jetson, I wont be able to work on my project.

If any more details are needed, please tell me

Thanks,
324Hz
win21H2
he/him

Besides from WiFi connection, you can use microUSB connection between Host and the Jetson.
After connection, pre-defined IP address:

Jetson: 192.168.55.1
Host: 192.168.55.100

Try ssh with this.

Hello,
I have already tried the USB serial connection setting it at COM9 @ 9600 baud rate (which is what device manager is telling me) but when I try to login to a Jupyter notebook using a .sh script, I cannot connect to the notebook

Thanks,
324Hz
win21H2
he/him

Setting is 115200 8N1.

Note that if you want to diagnose networking, then on the Jetson (or any Linux host PC) you would need to provide the output of:

ifconfig
route
# If WiFi:
iwconfig

If your host is Windows, I’m not sure what all of the commands are for getting that information, but I think it is something like:

ipconfig /all
route

(the above might be wrong, plus you’d need to save it in a file rather than just a screenshot)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.