Unable to ssh from USB or wifi

I have been having intermittent success trying to ssh into my 2GB jetson nano. The first time I tried it I was able to ssh via wifi for about an hour and it worked great.

When I use a USB connection, the computer detects the USB is attached, but I still cannot ssh. Most of the time i get a ‘timeout’ message. Every once in a while, it will ask for my password, connect, the immediately the connection is reset by the host.

When I attempt to ssh on wifi, Its a crap shoot trying to guess the ip address. The only way i’ve been able to do it successfully is to attach a monitor and keyboard to the jetson and query the ip address directly.

I already re-flashed the micro SD and this has not helped. I’m a relative newbie to linux and the ssh command. Can anyone help me?

What was the IP you are using to access the board through USB?

I was using 192.168.55.1 which works briefly

Could you reboot the host, hotplug the micro usb cable and see if it can be resolved?

BTW, why the topic mentions WIFI? Looks like you don’t have any issue with wifi.

I am having this exact same problem with a Jetson Nano 2GB that I have set up following the tutorials presented here: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/learn/jetson-ai-certification-programs
I am not able to use the micro USB connection to ssh into the nano on the 192.168.55.1 address. The device appears to respond briefly to pinging and to ssh but the connection closes almost immediately, or the device disappears from being able to be pinged.
I can reliably ssh into the device from the wifi address that the nano has been assigned. This works reliably.

If you go to your host PC running Linux, then after a fresh boot without the Jetson logged in, monitor logs with “dmesg --follow”. Then connect the micro-B USB cable and report what it shows.

Following that, also run “ifconfig”, and report what is shown for the Jetson’s interface (you can copy and paste it all if you don’t know which one belongs to the virtual wired USB). Also include what the “route” command outputs.

Then run ssh and let it succeed or fail. Note what else shows up in the host PC logs as the failure occurs, and include the new “ifconfig”. There are error statistics in ifconfig output, and I’d like to see the change in packet count and any change in error messages.